Hey guys, tell me what you think of the song writing of my band 3 Steps Closer. We are a Jewish pop-punk type band that plays slightly heavy faith based music.

I am not to into the subject and theme of our songs, but I love the guitar and composition.

What are your opinions?

http://www.myspace.com/3stepscloser
I really didn't expect you guys to throw some Hebrew in there :P

Really great stuff. I enjoyed it a lot.

My only complaints would be bring the lead up a bit in "Ani Ma'amin (could barely hear the lead in the chorus. you were probably going for the subtle approach but i could barely make it out) and the vocalists mumbles his words together a bit at points in some of the songs.

Listened to all of the tracks and Ani Ma'amin is defos the best imo.

P.S. The tracks with acoustics, recording wise, sounded amazing imo.
Wow, thanks! My only problem is that I am not on the CD. We just sold the last of our 500 cds so now we can re-record with the current incarnation of the band.

We are so terrible live right now, though.
Lolz. Well i think you got some pretty catchy stuff and the lyrical content makes it pretty interesting imo (I found it kinda lol but not in a bad way) so you just got to practice and get out there ya dig!? :P
Last edited by 21Fretter at Jun 12, 2010,
To be honest, I think our singer's voice is not very strong and lacks emotion in most of the songs.

He needs to exert himself, or else he sounds kind of... gay.
Quote by Uber_Kitty
To be honest, I think our singer's voice is not very strong and lacks emotion in most of the songs.

He needs to exert himself, or else he sounds kind of... gay.

I really like his voice, what I really don't like, is you.
First off, its 2010, gay isn't an insult.
Second, the band isn't going to get anywhere if you don't support your band mates, I mean, If you have such a great voice, that you can insult your vocalist, you sing.
Quote by Pandawithapick
I really like his voice, what I really don't like, is you.
First off, its 2010, gay isn't an insult.
Second, the band isn't going to get anywhere if you don't support your band mates, I mean, If you have such a great voice, that you can insult your vocalist, you sing.

You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to mine.

What did you like about the band?
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at Jun 13, 2010,
You guys are pretty good. I might even buy a CD if it wasn't for all the religious topics and the fact that you consider this is anyway to be punk.
Quote by Big-TOG
You guys are pretty good. I might even buy a CD if it wasn't for all the religious topics and the fact that you consider this is anyway to be punk.

We are on iTunes if you like particular songs.

What Genre would you say it is? I suck at classification.
Quote by Big-TOG
Kosher Pop Rock? I know it's not punk.

Darn, I need to rethink my describing words...
Quote by Big-TOG

Well, I find it to be sort of punk, maybe more leaning towards alternative, but I like the Jewish religious topics more than today's Christian rock. It seems like every band these days is riding on the Jesus coat tail.
Well, I find it to be sort of punk, maybe more leaning towards alternative, but I like the Jewish religious topics more than today's Christian rock. It seems like every band these days is riding on the Jesus coat tail.

Jesus was black and punks smoke crack.

Darn, I need to rethink my describing words...

Yea, I donno if it's just me but when I see pop punk I'm thinking it's still going to have a harder aspect to it, some childish apathy, a little anger maybe, or just a song about ****ing eachothers mothers.
diggin it. actually a decent pop-punk band not trying to be another crappy imitation of ADTR or four year strong. props