Hi guys, i was looking at a few of these on craigslist and they were going for less than the MIA standards by about 200 dollars or so in some cases, and i was just wondering why? do they compare? would it be a good investment if i got a good deal on it? Thanks!

EDIT: Not getting this.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jun 21, 2010,
The Highway Ones are actually only ASSEMBLED in America using Mexican parts.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark

so its virtually a mexican strat?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Essentially. I'm pretty sure the paint is different, though.

And the pickups are higher output, for American RAWKZ.
Quote by mtshark

This is a common myth. The Highway One series is made and assembled in the U.S.A. The pickups and and occasionally bridge are made in Mexico. According to Fender, the Highway One is at least 85% made in the U.S.A. (See The Stratocaster Chronicles pg. 253 for details).

It is illegal to sell something in the U.S.A. marked "Made in U.S.A." unless it is almost entirely American-made. The Highway One is a stripped-down American-made Stratocaster and a fine guitar in its own right. Some people don't like the flat finish and the big 70's headstock, but that is a matter of taste. I own two of them and they play as well as my old American Standard Strat.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Not only are they made and assembled in the USA, but they go through USA quality control. Your getting a nice ax, that's for sure. Don't let the pricetag scare you.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
thin nitro finish, 70s neck, 6 point bridge. for cheap why not?

the pickups aren't the greatest imo but that's not tough to fix.
I own one, HSS.
It's decent enough. Thinking of selling it tough. I'll explain myself.
The feeling is quite different from a Standard MIA Stratocaster. It's the very opposite of vintage guitars.
- Jumbo frets
- High Output pickups
The hardware is quite cheap too. But with that in mind, if you are a beginning guitarist with a budget, it's hard to go wrong. I'll probably sell mine $300.00 + shipping, so they are not expensive guitars in the used market.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster/Seymour Duncan Hot Rails
Seagull Rustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
MXR GT-OD
MXR Distortion III
MJM London Fuzz
EHX Big Muff
I own an HSS highway one and I love it. I've played many Stratocasters and I actually prefer the Highway one to The american standard series. The Jumbo frets are a big plus too. As far as tuning stability goes, mine will stay in 440 tune even after playing it for a couple hours.
I own one, feel great in your hand, sounds good, nice good looking guitar, what can you expect more...........

Cheers,
JB
Jazz always!
Quote by mtshark
The Highway Ones are actually only ASSEMBLED and made in America using mostly by Mexican-Americans parts.
*fixed*

You're welcome!
Quote by FatalGear41
This is a common myth. The Highway One series is made and assembled in the U.S.A. The pickups and and occasionally bridge are made in Mexico. According to Fender, the Highway One is at least 85% made in the U.S.A. (See The Stratocaster Chronicles pg. 253 for details).

It is illegal to sell something in the U.S.A. marked "Made in U.S.A." unless it is almost entirely American-made. The Highway One is a stripped-down American-made Stratocaster and a fine guitar in its own right. Some people don't like the flat finish and the big 70's headstock, but that is a matter of taste. I own two of them and they play as well as my old American Standard Strat.
+X^0
Quote by gregs1020
thin nitro finish, 70s neck, 6 point bridge. for cheap why not?

the pickups aren't the greatest imo but that's not tough to fix.
+X^0