So I took the body of a Dean ML and replaced the neck with one from my old V.

It sounds great, but the fret buzz is ridiculous. I raised the bridge, but it didn't really do anything. So, I took a closer look, and the neck joint is not even with the rest of the neck, so it's slanted, making the neck uneven, and the the space between the frets and the strings on the higher frets is quite large. Before I screw something up, what exactly needs to be done?

To make things clearer, the neck is position like this: /
The neck is not even with the guitar, the neck it positioned outward from the joint.
you could put a shim in the neck pocket on the side nearest the body to correct the angle. they make little thin pieces of wood for this purpose, or you can fold up a piece of paper to the thickness you need.
Since the bridge on it is a tune-o-matic, it requires a neck angle (from around 2-3 degrees) to get the correct action. I'm thinking that either the neck pocket is angled, or that a compatible neck would have to have an angled heel. It doesn't seem like the neck is compatible with the body.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by The4thHorsemen
you could put a shim in the neck pocket on the side nearest the body to correct the angle.

I'm definetly trying this. Thanks alot

Quote by salsawords
It doesn't seem like the neck is compatible with the body.

This is probably true. The neck I used from from a knock-off flying V, so It probably wasn't made for a Dean.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
you could put a shim in the neck pocket on the side nearest the body to correct the angle. they make little thin pieces of wood for this purpose, or you can fold up a piece of paper to the thickness you need.

In a pinch you could even use construction paper. Sounds just as good as wood shims to my ears but wood does seem a bit classier.
I would recommend shimming the neck. Also you may have some frets that are to high. Also from what I understand having a locking nut on a guitar without a floyd could cause issues. I could be wrong about this though.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I recommend taking a look at the curvature of the neck, if its bending backwards (away from the strings) then that might be a main cause for the fret buzz.

Adding a shim will help improve the high action in the upper register. Paper, sandpaper, plastic shims will all work - but I prefer using something that won't compress and crumble over time, so I use metal shims. One time, I cut material from a Mickey's beer can and used it as a shim.

Locking nuts are designed to be used with bridges with fine tuners. If there are no fine tuners, then you're better off not locking down the nut at all.
The neck appears to be fine. I added a plastic shim, and it helped, but still a little buzz. I'm going to add a better one on soon.

And I'm not locking down the nut at all, in fact, i think I threw the screws away.