Page 1 of 2
Just as the title states, what albums/song do you think would make a great movie?

For me I would say Metropolis pt2. Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater. With the right director that could be one hell of a suspenseful/dramatic film. Also i believe that Rush's 2112 would make a killer Sci-Fi movie, but just the actual 2112 song, not the entire Album.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by genghisgandhi
Dark Side of the Moon

Oh wait, it's been done already.

lolAliceInWonderland.

Anyways, Nektars "Remember the Future" would make a great Sci-Fi movie. It's about the human race evolving, and then some alien named Bluebird or something appears, and meets a blind kid, and I really have no idea what else it's about but I'm sure it would make a good movie.

Any of Nektars first three albums, actually.
Quote by crazy8rgood
lolAliceInWonderland.

Anyways, Nektars "Remember the Future" would make a great Sci-Fi movie. It's about the human race evolving, and then some alien named Bluebird or something appears, and meets a blind kid, and I really have no idea what else it's about but I'm sure it would make a good movie.

Any of Nektars first three albums, actually.

FAIL!
Quote by happytimeharry
The Amory Wars

Hells yes. I would cry. I would also like a film of the Prize Fighter Inferno saga as well.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Quote by NGD1313
maxwell's silver hammer.

That would actually be a really good one though!
I'll probably get made fun of for this, but The Black Parade by MCR. Its an amazing concept album, and the movie would be amazing if they filmed it like they did the music videos for the album. It'd be a masterpiece.
~Rest In Peace Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan~

Tumblr: Follow?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
How about "Crack The Skye"?

+1
Hows about In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. It would make one hell of a film. The movie wouldn't make any sense, but thats alright.

^Yeah the Black Parade would make a decent, albeit bombastic film
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Last edited by afterthewar at Jun 11, 2010,
Whenever You Need Somebody, epic stalker movie.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Devin Townsend Presents Ziltoid the Omniscient.
How could a movie about an alien searching earth for the best cup of coffee not be awesome?
*Album whose name I forget but consists of songs about sex* would be a movie I'd watch.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by happytimeharry
The Amory Wars

**** YEA!!!!! I second amory wars =] (well the albums Second Stage Turbine Blade, IN Keeping secrets of silent earth:3, good apollo im buring star IV Vol. 1, and No world for tomorrow)
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Devin Townsend Presents Ziltoid the Omniscient.
How could a movie about an alien searching earth for the best cup of coffee not be awesome?

Oh god this.

Also, if done well, Rosetta Stoned by Tool.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by therosa69
**** YEA!!!!! I second amory wars =] (well the albums Second Stage Turbine Blade, IN Keeping secrets of silent earth:3, good apollo im buring star IV Vol. 1, and No world for tomorrow)

Year of the Black Rainbow could be kickass if adapted right. Just needs more KBI.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
A lot of Ben Folds stuff I bet would make for god movies, like (the albums) "Rockin' the Suburbs" or "Way to Normal," especially the song "Effington."

Also the album that is my avatar.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Appetite for destruction. Movie about streets of la and how hard it is to get by if you were born without money.

November rain would be a good movie too
Weezer's "Pinkerton".
Neutral Milk Hotel's "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea".
Elliott Smith's "Either/Or".
Nine Inch Nail's "The Downward Spiral".
The Hold Steady's entire discography.

Anyone who agrees with me is both educated and awesome.
Quote by larrytheguitar
*Album whose name I forget but consists of songs about sex* would be a movie I'd watch.

Songs About ****ing-Big Black?
Quote by therosa69

Lol, why leave out YotBR?
TS when I saw the thread title Metropolis Pt. 2 was instantly the first album that came into my mind. I also think that the (34 minute long) song Sleeping in Traffic by Beardfish could make an interesting film.
Mama by MCR. I always imagine it as a drama performance, with the stage divided in two. One side is a young guy saying goodbye to his mum before he leaves for war, and the other side are soldiers on a battlefield. And at the end the young guy shoots someone and becomes shell-shocked, and gets shot himself. And his mum comes back on stage reading a letter saying he was killed, while on the other side of the stage he's dying.
Quote by Superguitar
I'll probably get made fun of for this, but The Black Parade by MCR. Its an amazing concept album, and the movie would be amazing if they filmed it like they did the music videos for the album. It'd be a masterpiece.

Nah man I'll back you up on this, it would be an amazing movie/play what ever.

also Kezia by Protest the Hero, the story in that album is so well put together.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Hammers of Misfortune's "The Bastard" would be a pretty cool fantasy style movie if pulled off right. Slough Feg's "Traveller" would be awesome sci-fi, and King Diamond's "Abigail" would be a great suspense/horror film.

Edit: I'd also say Sabbat's "Dreamweaver", but that was based off of the book The Way of Wyrd, which I do believe there is a movie being made of.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by dispreferred
The Hold Steady's entire discography.

Anyone who agrees with me is both educated and awesome.

Damn you, now I'm going to spend the night trying to figure out who would play Gideon, Holly and Charlemagne and listening to Chillout Tent over and over and over...

Great band though.

EDIT: @Sinister Waffle: +100 for Kezia. That would be awesome.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Nah man I'll back you up on this, it would be an amazing movie/play what ever.

~Rest In Peace Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan~

Tumblr: Follow?
The Wall

EDIT: damn, beaten to it
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
Quote by crazy8rgood
****, I MEANT TO PUT WIZARD OF OZ

Actually the movie Twister goes with the album better than both of those.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd (album)
Siberian Breaks by MGMT (song)
Forever Heavy by Black Moth Super Rainbow (song)
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
The Amory Wars (Coheed and Cambria): Epitome of epic.

Bedlam In Goliath - The Mars Volta: Could be a really creepy movie given that it follows the album concept and not the back story of the album which are slightly different.

The Dear Hunter Albums; Act I, Act II, Act III: Could make for an interesting dramatic film riddled with mystery, romance, death, and all done in a 19th century setting.

Phantom On The Horizon - The Fall of Troy: Could be a scary/awesome movie since it's based around a Spanish galleon that runs into a ghost ship.

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis: Would be really weird, but still very cool.

Blood Mountain - Mastodon: An awesome fantasy movie with Cysquatches, Birchmen, Crystal Skulls, Reptilians, a climb up Blood Mountain and more. Need I go on?

The Fragile - NIN: A dark approach at a character trying to rebuild the chaos in their "Somewhat Damaged" life, but not being successful and in the end, "Ripe (With Decay)". A film like this could really take you to some dark places.

Still Life - Opeth: Another macabre tale of a man being banished for differing religious beliefs, and returning 15 years later for his love, Melinda. The rest of the story is a lot of death, revenge, and more death.

Kezia - Protest The Hero: A story of a woman named Kezia who is killed by a firing squad. The album takes on the perspectives of three different characters and is wonderfully laid out.

F#A# Infinity - Godspeed You Black Emperor: Nothing like a good ol' post-apocalyptic movie.

Planetary Duality - The Faceless: Finally a good sci-fi action/horror (besides the Amory Wars). This album is loosely a concept album about an alien invasion, and these are the friendly kind of aliens.
Last edited by Piscasis at Jun 12, 2010,
Page 1 of 2