Hey guys, I just bought a Line 6 Spider Valve 212 MKII today and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any settings for a metallica tone or a metalcore style tone.

Thanks.
Sell it?

naw Jk, but your gonna have to tweak it to how you like it
I can't tell you what your ears will hear, but gain and lows should be all the way up (maybe not low but definately gain)
Where's Waldo?
not much of a help but this is line 6's site for user submitted tones:

http://line6.com/customtone/browse/spidervalvemkii/

in addition you might want to try going through the presets because there are a number of metal tones in there based on artists such as: As I Lay Dying, Ben Moody, Fear Factory, Hawthorne Heights, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, etc.
Quote by chadreed32
Sell it?

naw Jk, but your gonna have to tweak it to how you like it
I can't tell you what your ears will hear, but gain and lows should be all the way up (maybe not low but definately gain)

gain probably shouldn't be all the way up (if you mean pregain/drive) because the SV models (most) have crap loads of gain and and don't need to go that high unless that is what the TS prefers. you can get crazy high gain metal tones with the models on noon-ish or 1'oclock ish (or even less).
Lol metallica don't use much gain. There's a bit more on MOP album but less on the black album.

Try lower mids on the first albums except KEA has mids. Boost the highs abit a little more low end, but not much. like 6 bass and 7.5-8 highs depending how how the amp sounds judge yourself. This is a rough guideline.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I played around with it a it at my local music store, fun amp! HNAD! There are tons of tones you can pull out of it, just experiment tons
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."