I may be able to get my hands onto a Gibson Les Paul Voodoo now i'm just wondering ive read a couple of reviews and there were some said it was good and some others said they were shit. Now i want to know if anyone out there has got one and what they think.. If the problems with them can be changed by a couple of upgrades like pups and hardware changes or something..

and also if the guitar itself is alright ..as in the pups are the only shit bit otherwise everything else is fine. Still Gibson Quality.

In most reviews Ive read the pups are the main problem. I'm wondering otherwise how the guitar is i'm looking to change the pups anyway. But before i buy it i want to know if there are any serious drawbacks about the guitar.

Cheers Shaenb243
I have the Menace series which is, from what I remember, very similar to the Voodoo. For me the thing in biggest need of an upgrade would be the pickups, (assuming they are similar). They are alright but not the greatest... lots of feedback is the biggest problem for me (a common complaint with a lot of gibson pickups) also a tad harsh sounding.

the rest is pretty good quality-wise though. after the pickups the only thing i'd considering changing is maybe the tuners, they are good but i've had better (Grovers-- assuming you also have grovers on the voodoo).
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Jun 12, 2010,
thanks ill need to try the pups myself before gettin rid of em for all i know they could be wat i want but if there not ill slap some SD sh8's in there
When it comes to buying a guitar I usually don't go off internet reviews just because of the bias of user's style which they almost never indicate, ya know? I might play blues and think it sucks for blues, so I am going to give it a negative review

Try to find it locally so you can try before you buy.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
honestly i think it looks like a turd.. =-S and mention you i am a huge gibson fanboy

http://club.ahaidea.com/band/data/Voodoo-Les-Paul-large.jpg

but if you play it before you buy and you love it them why not? the review probably means crap as in bad hardware like pickups and maybe pots or other hardware, cant think why the wood would be bad if its from gibson, last time i checked they didnt use plywood so xD
It's just a Studio. You're paying more for the finish. Really not worth bothering with unless you really love the finish and you can get it very, very cheaply.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
holy shIt! that must be the ugliest gibson I've ever seen in my whole life..looks at that red skull inlay...

I think you're better off with something else...
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by MrFlibble
It's just a Studio. You're paying more for the finish. Really not worth bothering with unless you really love the finish and you can get it very, very cheaply.

Yeh i do like the finish. im not much for th same old same old.

You mean Gibson Studio or Epi if its Gibson im getting it cheaper then what a new studio in Aus would cost.
Quote by shaenb243
Yeh i do like the finish. im not much for th same old same old.

You mean Gibson Studio or Epi if its Gibson im getting it cheaper then what a new studio in Aus would cost.

I'd go for it then. It may look a little weird but at least it stands out from other les pauls ^_^

I'm not huge on the looks of my les paul either but it plays great and it's unlike everyone else's les paul so im happy. (it was an impulse buy and i wasn't really paying attention to looks at the time, ha). in actuality i think i might even like the voodoo better than the look of the menace
It's not the same as a studio - the studios have Burstbucker pickups, this has something weird - ceramics I think.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.