Page 1 of 2
So I started last year on my birthday (May 27).

Every day when i got home, all the change in my pocket would go in a box i have (roughly the size of a shoe box). I would pick up change from the ground just walking down the street, in school i'd ask my friends if they had any change to give it to me.

I got a lot of jewish jokes but within 6 months i had a shoebox full of change. I moved on and kept my change in water bottles and anything else available. Finally, this past wednesday, I took the change to a bank's change sorter (the free equivalent to "coinstar") and after about 10 minutes about putting change in the machine, it was all sorted.

$450 dollars, just like that. Just for making sure my change ended up at home every night.

So for that minimal effort I put into it every day, I got myself a new paint job for my guitar and a Tremol-No. Sounds like a good deal to me.

So hey, I'm not gonna make you do it, but if I were you i would. It could come in handy sometime.

Anyone else have similar stories?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I try to save change, but I rarely spend any money anyway. I don't go out anywhere to find change, and I don't like asking people for change. I have saved up about $100 by myself though, and my parents have saved a few hundred that way.
I thought everyone knew this. I have like $100 in pennies alone sitting in my closet.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
And then you wasted it on a paint job.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
That's wicked awesome..

Not so much cash in the end, but I had a big jar full of quarters. I ended up finally coinstar'ing it, came out to about 150 bucks in total.
Have roughly $50 in coins, would have more if I didn't go to the pub so often.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by TheAbsentOne
That's wicked awesome..

Not so much cash in the end, but I had a big jar full of quarters. I ended up finally coinstar'ing it, came out to about 150 bucks in total.

Coinstar is expensive.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
$450 is like the exact amount I ended up with when I did that one year. Neat.
I've collected every 5c coin I've found and put them in a jar.

I estimate that I have around $50.

Its great because no-one ever wants 5c coins, and everyone always gives tham to you when you ask
I cleaned off my dresser for change one day and found like $50 in change. Getting ready to do it again next week.
I usually throw my change in the coin tray of my car..then once it fills up I usually have about $10 and I put it towards beer or something

it'd probably be a much better idea to just save it all up...
I counted all my change last weekend and I had about $40.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I've got one of those coin jars that counts it for you. Almost $100 since Christmas.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
every so often i'll be the asian guy holding up the line at the milk tea shop trying to count $2 in coins. i suppose saving it all for a bigger item would be more rewarding than getting paranoid about annoying others in line.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Hmm, I may start doing this.

Thing is, it's kinda weird to ask people if they have any loose change to give you. It makes you look like a greedy, poor bastard... >.>
Quote by james4
I usually throw my change in the coin tray of my car..then once it fills up I usually have about $10 and I put it towards beer or something

it'd probably be a much better idea to just save it all up...

Beer is never a waste of money ... NEVER
I always save my change. I typically use it when I know I'll need some. I usually add it up and cash it in every few months though. Each time I typically have like $30-40.
Whenever I get change from buying stuff, when I get home I put it in a piggy bank the people who used to live in this house left. Of course I don't buy stuff a lot as until recently I was saving for my computer, so I don't have a lot, but after reading this I'm going to start putting more effort into it, trying to fill more than that one piggy bank alone this year.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I like to throw some change in my car's ash tray then in a week or two, buy me a large Red Bull.
Who knows what i could buy in a few months.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by Le_Bunny
$450 in perspective is paltry. I earn that in under a week.

Yeah but it's $450 he "got" on top of whatever money he had before. You don't say, "Oh this money is nothing, I earn it in under a week" when you get money for a holiday.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by Le_Bunny
$450 in perspective is paltry. I earn that in under a week.

But if you can have that much every year by doing something as simple as saving loose change then who cares? It isn't like you're expending large amounts of effort to get that $450.

Plus $450 could come in handy for something unexpected.
I usually tend to just use my debit card over cash; it's more convenient. My bank, however, lets me bring in change for deposit. I just have to sort them myself. Or, I can just go to the bank my aunt works at and get her to sign my ticket; they don't apply the non-account holder fee, and I have cash for whatever it is I may need it for.

My personal record is about 400...over...2 years...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I save all my dimes, nickels, and pennies in a container. Roughly $50 to $75 a year I'd say. I don't tell everybody I know to donate me their loose change though, I'm not a scavenger.
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I have three large jars filled with change, mostly quarters and dimes, I think that if I were to cash it all in, I'd get around 400ish, I've been saving up for a year. I'm saving the money for something useful though.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by RockGuitar92
Yeah but it's $450 he "got" on top of whatever money he had before. You don't say, "Oh this money is nothing, I earn it in under a week" when you get money for a holiday.

yea...$450 had better be friggin' paltry when i eventually get around to working a full time job.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I have a shitload of changes, tons of quarters, nickels, dimes, and pennies. I have the two cupholders in my car overflowing with it, and 3 jars in my room full.

I suppose i'll keep doing it and count it when I leave for college. I know if I count it and cash it in i'll end up blowing it on something pointless. So I figure it'd be wiser to just forget about it.

But often times I get my pennies and nickels and toss em on the ground for some hobo when i'm walking back to my car from a store or something. It's my version of charity. I try to make the pennies land heads up so maybe somebody will pick it up and have good luck.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I save up all my coppers in a jar, and then occasionally go count it up and put it in those bags to take it to the bank. It isn't like it's alot of effort. I don't ask people for their coppers (but if they owe me money I'll ask for some of it in change - usually viewed as me doing them a favour).

I don't know how much I've saved up as I don't save money.... I am now though.
Emarried to the awesome BlackWaterson.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm usually about so drop me a pm or swing by the Hugging Thread.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
That's wicked awesome..

Bring it to a bank, they'll use their coin sorters and give you cash. Won't cost you a dime.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Page 1 of 2