Hey guys!
I got a jackson dkmg for cheap the other day, and now I'm looking to upgrade my amp! I'm currently running a roland cube 30, and I need something a little...more...
I like playing iron maiden, megadeth, metallica, etc. The roland just doesnt seem heavy enough for me!..

My budget is open but I don't need a half stack. most of what i read is mesa dual rectifiers and peavey 6505 and what not, I just dont need that much sound yet!
I'm looking for something that can nail these sounds at bedroom levels (or maybe a bit louder ), but isnt a half stack.. perhaps (that is in fact a perhaps) a 2x12 or more likely a beefy 1x12 or some sorts.. Any suggestions?

I'll also take any pedal advice aswell

Thanks in advance!
i use a Peavey Vyper 15, modelling amp models all other peavey amp including the 6505 and goes bloody loud for a 15 watt, i would recommend getting the 30 watt, has an extra effect wheel for built in rack an stompbox effects, like 21 models and 32 effects in total or something, great amps
i dunno how much they run you guys in the US, but maybe try a Krank Rev Jr, its a 20W tube amp, comes with a nice 1x12 it canget loud enough for giging easyly but still sounds really nice at bedroom levels. the Krank channel has a nice gain for hardrock and with an OD in front easyly enough for any metal, and the clean channel sounds quite nice, and when u start to push it, it has real nice natural tube break up for classic rock tones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VVPv8WUKE
May i suggest the bugera 6262 or 333xl? And before someone comes dissing bugera, they used to have reliability issues when the amps first came out, but they've gotten their act together, as of late. I'll be getting a bugera 333xl for metalcore, if that matters.
Quote by Crazid3
May i suggest the bugera 6262 or 333xl? And before someone comes dissing bugera, they used to have reliability issues when the amps first came out, but they've gotten their act together, as of late. I'll be getting a bugera 333xl for metalcore, if that matters.

As a bugera fan I wouldnt say theyve completely gotten there act together.. My friend bought the V55 and minor things happened. Reverb tank, then the input jack both went out. But theyre fantastic amps, and once you get them fixed, the last a while.
Quote by nickdohle
As a bugera fan I wouldnt say theyve completely gotten there act together.. My friend bought the V55 and minor things happened. Reverb tank, then the input jack both went out. But theyre fantastic amps, and once you get them fixed, the last a while.

Also a bugera owner here...you should definitely look into them and their peavey clones! GREAT amps for the money.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
you can find used peavey 6505 used for around 350-400 for a combo used on guitarcenter.com if your interested
the 6505 combo looks awesome, although I cant find one for that low :P
How does it take to pedals?