Well I'm looking at getting a new amp, either that or a new guitar, and I've chosen the guitar I would like if I pick the guitar.
Thing is, I can't chose between these two amplifiers:
-Peavey 6505
-Bugera 333xl

I've looked into both for a long time, listening to demo's and looking at specs.
I was hoping for some more opinions on this matter.
Thanks.
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
My first guitar (some crap ibanez? Dad never told me what model...)
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal

Really want Mick Thomson's Signature Ibanez MTM1...
I hear the booger is more versatile, while the 6505 basically does its thing and does it VERY well. I would say it's up to taste also but I've only played the 6505 not the 333x
You realize that the Bugera's copy of the 6505 (6505+) is its 6260 (6262) series right?
Bugera's 333xl is more a copy of Peavey's XXX/JSX/3120 amps.

The choice depends a lot on what styles of music you are playing. 6505/6260 amps are more 'brootal' (more agressive-- usually better for aggressive metal) than the 3120/333xl but both are great for heavy rock. The 3120/333xl will be more versatile than the 6505/6260 series amps but this doesn't mean that these amps can't do all genres of music because they can (just not the best at it). As well the 6505+/6262 are kind of the 'in-between' amps here as they are more versatile than the 6505/6260 amps but not as versatile as the 3120/333xl.

Personally i'd take peavey's amps (whichever you choose) over bugera's seeing as how they should be of better quality. However, some people prefer the bugera's tone more than what peavey has to offer (preference really).
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
The choice depends a lot on what styles of music you are playing. 6505/6260 amps are more 'brootal' (more agressive-- usually better for aggressive metal) than the 3120/333xl but both are great for heavy rock. The 3120/333xl will be more versatile than the 6505/6260 series amps but this doesn't mean that these amps can't do all genres of music because they can (just not the best at it). As well the 6505+/6262 are kind of the 'in-between' amps here as they are more versatile than the 6505/6260 amps but not as versatile as the 3120/333xl.

Personally i'd take peavey's amps (whichever you choose) over bugera's seeing as how they should be of better quality. However, some people prefer the bugera's tone more than what peavey has to offer (preference really).

+1

Personally I'd take the 333 over the 6262 for the versatility.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Okay, I'm gonna post in here since I want to avoid making a new thread but I'm looking at possibly getting a new amp for performance w/drums (doublebass) and another guitar and bass. Which combo amp of the two will be better for thrash and death metal like Megadeth/Demolition Hammer/Deicide? Decent cleans would be nice but it's not my focus atm. Oh, and budget is up to $600 maybe $700 if I push it.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by Imperial
Okay, I'm gonna post in here since I want to avoid making a new thread but I'm looking at possibly getting a new amp for performance w/drums (doublebass) and another guitar and bass. Which combo amp of the two will be better for thrash and death metal like Megadeth/Demolition Hammer/Deicide? Decent cleans would be nice but it's not my focus atm. Oh, and budget is up to $600 maybe $700 if I push it.

333XL for sure I love Peavey and own one but the truth is the 333XL Bugera will be much more versatile for what you want
^ I agree with this guy^

the 333xl would be your best bet for those styles. It will be PLENTY loud for playing with a drummer.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I just bought my 6505 yesterday.

But that ****ing amp. It defines metal.
Thanks for all the replies guys, you're really helping.
I'll admit, I'm leaning towards the 333XL a fair bit, not just because of price. (And total the Bugera is a lot cheaper)
I thought it might help if I added my music tastes.
I play alot of Parkway Drive mostly, Bullet for My Valentine and some Slipknot.
These are 3 different kinds of metal, I'm sure you'll agree, so that's why I'm leaning towards the more versatile 333XL.
Keep the suggestions coming : )
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
My first guitar (some crap ibanez? Dad never told me what model...)
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal

Really want Mick Thomson's Signature Ibanez MTM1...
The 6505 has its own very distinctive tone/distortion. Whereas the 333XL has a lot of versatility.
I'll secon/third/fourth this disscussion.

as a proud owner of a 5150, It really is a "One Trick Pony". But the more I try other amps. hear the versitility, and play with the distortion across the spectrum of sonic footprints that is modern metal amplifiers, the more I want my "One Trick Pony". There really is nothing like the crunchness of a 5150/6505. Chugging, Shredding, Soloing, I just cant get that sound with anything else....and I guess that makes me content, knowing that I have the sound that I'm after.

If thats for you, cool. Join the club.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
ok but in comparison could anyone say that the 6262 is like a 5105 except it isnt just a 1 trick horse? like it has teh br00talz but it can clean up nicely and do other things as well?
Bullet For My Valentine and Parkway Drive both use 6505s
so if you want their sound go for a 6505 or the 6260
that's not saying that 3120/333xl wont do the parkway and bullet sound, but that's what they use.
i know both use them live, and Bullet's latest album 'Fever' was apparently done with a 6505 and Parkway's latest 'Deep Blue' is done with a combination of different amps and shit.
Mission : Operation Shred
The 6262/6505+/5150II are normally looked at as designed for a certain sound....as mentioned, "one trick ponies".
Now I have played the 5150, and a 6505+, but I never spent a lot of time with the crunch and/or clean channels on these (Yeah, they say it's the same channel, but really, you got to look at them as 3 different channels).
However, once I got my 6262, I DID play with the cleans, and crunch a lot. I have heard the cleans are better than the peavey...maybe so, but I'll tell you this, the crunch channel adds a LOT of versatility to this amp. I use it for anything from Ramones (not boost) to Greenday to Scorpions and more (with a clean boost...7 band EQ).
the cleans ARE quite usefull, and while I don't play the cleans very often (I usually have the gain up around 6-7 for the crunch) it CAN do cleans quite well with the gain rolled off.
I would THINK the Peaveys have this as well, but I can only speak for the 6262.

For me, the 333xl was a little thinner sounding (compared to a 6262/6505+, yeah, most amps sound a little thin...until you get into Mesa, Engl, Splawn types), but the 333xl should pull off what your looking for.

Honestly, given the bands you like to sound like....the 6262/6505+/5150II would be your BEST bet
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Peavey 6505....the bugera's are getting better but still have MAJOR quality control issues and for a tube amp, quality control should be pretty important. I bought a 6505+ 1x12 combo and paid only $650 CDN for it, so they're pretty inexpensive. We have the head in stock now for $1049, but relatively speaking that's still half the price of most marshalls/mesas/randall tube heads, and it does a pretty damn good job of getting aggressive metal tones.

I tend to use the lead channel on it's own, or I'll use the clean and then run my Landmine distortion or "Mastortion" pedal through it.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
The Bugs do NOT have "major" QC issues. They have a bad reputation from first run amps.
Ironically enough, the Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combos are proving to have less than reliable reputation...supposedly because they are made in China.
But if getting a head, you can buy 2 Bugs for the price of 1 new Peavey...now you have a backup.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune