Hey guys. So my printer totally crapped out and I finally have the money to buy a new printer. I have a discount at walmart, so I've been researching the printers offered at walmart. I'm trying to keep my budget up to $100 max and the only requirement I have is that it needs to be wireless.

So far, the printers that really interested me is the Canon Pixma MP560 and the Canon Pixma MX340. Both are wireless but what I have a problem with are the ink cartridges. The MP560 uses 5 ink cartridges that range from $13-$15 each. The MX340 on the other hand only has a black and color cartridge that cost $16 and $21 each.

What are the advantages to having 5 ink cartridges vs just 2? Oh and how is "ipm" measured because out of the "research I've done", it seems it's just a new way to measure the print speed. I just don't see how the 9.2 ipm that the MP560 tells me how fast it prints.

If you guys could help, that would be great.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
What do you need it for exactly? Just everyday printing?

If that's the case I wouldn't worry too much about it. You don't need anything too expensive.
I remember on norfolk where im from, they sold printers with cartridges for $40, and cartridges for $60. So we had this huge problem with people throwing away printers and buying new ones instead of buying ink cartridges. Good times. Backwards place, that is.
...In my opinion.
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I remember on norfolk where im from, they sold printers with cartridges for $40, and cartridges for $60. So we had this huge problem with people throwing away printers and buying new ones instead of buying ink cartridges. Good times. Backwards place, that is.

hahaha thats great
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by daytripper75
What do you need it for exactly? Just everyday printing?

If that's the case I wouldn't worry too much about it. You don't need anything too expensive.

Well it is for everyday printing, but I wanted a good quality printer that could print alot of text and color pictures at a rapid rate. That's why I'm keeping the price pretty low as it's not really a really high quality printer but more of a leisurely, everyday printer that won't frustrate me like my last printer.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater