I need some ideas for some extra characters in a comic series I'm planing. Concerning these extra characters, I've come up with a few I like but I need help filling out the rest of the supporting cast.

My favorite extra that I've come up with so far is this loud, obnoxious metal head who will whine on and on about how much he hates anything but the blackest, gr1mest metulz, but secretly has an undying love of the Beach Boys. I'm hoping to include him in a few of these comics.

I need some other ideas too and I'm completly open for suggestions from the Pit.

Just to clear up (and hopefuly to stop people posting about how comics with stereotypes are unfunny) the whole point of this comic isn't about creating something totaly unique, it's purely about improving my illustration and script writing skills. Nothing more.
Last edited by Kyle1029384756 at Jun 12, 2010,
You could always play on the stereotype of OP being a faggot seriously though I have nothing; web comics and character stereotypes have been done to death.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Callum89
You could always play on the stereotype of OP being a faggot seriously though I have nothing; web comics and character stereotypes have been done to death.

That's kinda the point, I'm taking the piss out of it. Stereotypes will have little to do with the series
The prog metal fan who is talented, interesting, intelligent, funny, impossibly good-looking, and just an all-round great guy.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
You could put stereotypes in, or then again you could write a comic that isn't shit.
The Beach Boys are fucking awesome, just throwing that out there.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by webbtje
You could put stereotypes in, or then again you could write a comic that isn't shit.

Maybe I can include the stereotypical asshole who posts unfunny shit in my thread?

Quote by Creeping_Kwano
people who live on forums?

I was actually thinking of including the pit monkeys

Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Beach Boys are fucking awesome, just throwing that out there.

Agreed.

Just to clear up (and hopefuly to stop people posting about how comics with stereotypes are unfunny) the whole point of this comic isn't about creating something totaly unique, it's purely about improving my illustration and script writing skills. Nothing more.
Quote by Kyle1029384756
Maybe I can include the stereotypical asshole who posts unfunny shit in my thread?

No, seriously. Write proper characters, don't be lazy and chuck stereotypes in.

WEBBDIT: Interesting how you think I was trying to be funny.
Last edited by webbtje at Jun 12, 2010,
make like a finnish black metal guy thats really just some whiny pussy
Quote by webbtje
No, seriously. Write proper characters, don't be lazy and chuck stereotypes in.

I am writing proper characters, I just want some character suggestions from the pit, I thought it could bring some lols and hopefuly a good idea or two. I already have my cast of main characters planned out, this thread is just for extras.

From your post I thought you were trying to be funy. My apologies, there was a misunderstanding.

Perhaps I shouldn't have included stereotypes in the title, it's a little misleading.
make a character a comic book writer that cant come up with stereotypical characters so he goes onto this forum and asks for help and this guy suggests that he make a character a comic book writer that cant come up with stereotypical characters so he goes onto this forum and asks for help and this guy suggests that he make a character a comic book writer that cant come up with stereotypical characters so he goes onto this forum and asks for help and this guy suggests that he.........

and it turns out that its 2010 and practically no one reads comic books anymore.
Ultimate Beard Man

Is in possession of the admantium beard of glory, and the beard trimmers of strength.

He is all powerful.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by rickyj
make a character a comic book writer that cant come up with stereotypical characters so he goes onto this forum and asks for help and this guy suggests that he make a character a comic book writer that cant come up with stereotypical characters so he goes onto this forum and asks for help and this guy suggests that he make a character a comic book writer that cant come up with stereotypical characters so he goes onto this forum and asks for help and this guy suggests that he.........

and it turns out that its 2010 and practically no one reads comic books anymore.

Quote by Kyle1029384756

Yep...

Quote by Julz127
Ultimate Beard Man

Is in possession of the admantium beard of glory, and the beard trimmers of strength.

He is all powerful.

Love it.
Making fun of stereotypes does tend to result in some pretty lame and predictable humour. It can be done well, but let's face it, it won't be.

EDIT: Why don't you use it to improve your humour-writing and character-writing skills as well?
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 12, 2010,
hye just out of curiosity how long you been drawing?

u do it digital or pencil?

ive actually done some digital inking and coloring can i see some of your stuff?
Quote by whalepudding
Making fun of stereotypes does tend to result in some pretty lame and predictable humour. It can be done well, but let's face it, it won't be.

Quote by Kyle1029384756

And once again...

Quote by rickyj
hye just out of curiosity how long you been drawing?

u do it digital or pencil?

ive actually done some digital inking and coloring can i see some of your stuff?

Been drawing since about 6th grade, haha.

I typicly draw something with pencil and paper, scan it, and then ink and colour in Adobe Illustrator.

Unfortunatly, I don't have drawings or sketches on my computer anymore and my DeviantArt page only has some photography and a painting on it. However, I'll try and get something uploaded a little later.
Quote by Kyle1029384756
Yep...

Love it.

if you would like to use my characters, I demand to draw him.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Me and a friend have sort of evolved this character from someone in our real life:

He's a middle aged owner of an Empanada house, has glasses and a thick mustache, and he pronounces all "s" sounds like "sh" (Ex. a sentence being said by him would sound like "I have a mushtache shimilar to Tom Shellecksh mushtache"), and he's the nicest guy you can imagine (This part of him is based on real life experience).

Yet he's only that way with the customers, and when he's not around customers, he still talks the same way and looks the same, but he's this horrible, racist, sexist, violent, drug user and dealer and just a terribly abusive person who's scary as hell. So when customers aren't around, he says stuff like "Man I thought thoshe motherfucking kikes would never leave. I gotta closhe the shop down so I can go home and fuck my wife." and various shit like that.

I've always thought he's hilarious.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jun 12, 2010,
So just because it's for practice, you're intentionally settling for one aspect of it being a bit shit? If you're going to practice your scriptwriting skills, I'd suggest you do it with decent characters.

It's your decision mate, but it seems to me like shitting in a cake because you're just trying to learn to make better cakes. Except you find you don't need a shit yet, so you ask random people to shit in it for you.

EDIT: Although that said, the things being posted here don't seem like actual stereotypes.
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 12, 2010,
Black people: Love fried chicken, watermelon, soul food, hip hop, gangsta stuff, etc...
White people: Can't dance, uptight, racist, etc...
Mexicans: Eat tacos, sombreros, etc...
Forumers: No life, virgins, nerds, losers, egotistical, etc...
Video gamers: See above.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Julz127
if you would like to use my characters, I demand to draw him.

Oh, is that an already existing character of yours or something?

Quote by whalepudding
So just because it's for practice, you're intentionally settling for one aspect of it being a bit shit? If you're going to practice your scriptwriting skills, I'd suggest you do it with decent characters.

It's your decision mate, but it seems to me like shitting in a cake because you're just trying to learn to make better cakes. Except you find you don't need a shit yet, so you ask random people to shit in it for you.

EDIT: Although that said, the things being posted here don't seem like actual stereotypes.

I totaly regret writing the part about stereotypes... I wanted characters and was typing the OP up in a hurry. I want characters, not stereotypes.

Quote by The Madcap
Me and a friend have sort of evolved this character from someone in our real life:

He's a middle aged owner of an Empanada house, has glasses and a thick mustache, and he pronounces all "s" sounds like "sh" (Ex. a sentence being said by him would sound like "I have a mushtache shimilar to Tom Shellecksh mushtache"), and he's the nicest guy you can imagine (This part of him is based on real life experience).

Yet he's only that way with the customers, and when he's not around customers, he still talks the same way and looks the same, but he's this horrible, racist, sexist, violent, drug user and dealer and just a terribly abusive person who's scary as hell. So when customers aren't around, he says stuff like "Man I thought thoshe motherfucking kikes would never leave. I gotta closhe the shop down so I can go home and fuck my wife." and various shit like that.

I've always thought he's hilarious.

That's great, I think I might use that sort of idea in one of my existing characters That is of course, if you're cool with it.
Have a typical guy who listens to deathcore or something. Have a guy with an oversized fringe, massive ear lobe stretches, and piercings on the lips, wearing a shirt than follows the generic band name pattern, preferably either 'As noun verb adjective', or 'verb the noun'.
Last edited by Masshuu at Jun 12, 2010,
I suggest picking something that is close to yourself, that way you can make it pretty adequate.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
The Anarchist who secretly dreams of dressing a Hen up as a butler.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

old black blues guy allways trying to gove advice to the younger generations but being laughet at but proven right at the end of the comic.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by Callum89

OP here is original post. TS is thread starter.

again, this isn't /b/.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Kyle1029384756
That's great, I think I might use that sort of idea in one of my existing characters That is of course, if you're cool with it.
I'm coo'.
How about a 14 year old virgin that posts online about what an "evil" uber metal guitar player he is.