Page 1 of 2
ok so ive tried some amps and i really like the tone and versitility of bugera amps..

what are other amps that are similar in tone that i should check out because there are a lot of amps i still havnt tried

more specifically im looking for...
-bugera like tone
-20 to 50 watts
-all tubes
-1x12 combo
-budget around or under 1500 usd
27mMoV31II7.a2
oh jeez really?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
bugera amps are all modelled off more popular branded amp's just find what the bugera you like was modelled after?
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
I never thought I'd hear something described as 'Bugera like tone'. Usually its someone saying the Bugera has 'Peavey like tone'

Seriously though, Mesa Mark IV combo.
well i have the v22 amp right now...it was a cheapy amp but i had to sell my lonestar special to buy a car because i totaled my old car
27mMoV31II7.a2
i dunno if any of those amps at $1500 have teh soul of valves, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno if any of those amps at $1500 have teh soul of valves, though.

The Mesa has the Spirit of Art in Technology though
it's just not the same...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it doesn't have the soul of valves either. it doesn't even use the right valves. ef86? what the hell is that?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe the new spider will have a bugera model that is a model of a model.

Is there a specific bugera's tone you like?
/rig
Quote by Antimage27
so far....no help

so far, stupidest thread to date.

you have to be a troll. "i want to spend $1500 to sound like a bugera".

maybe 3 bugeras?

Quote by gregs1020
so far, stupidest thread to date.

you have to be a troll. "i want to spend $1500 to sound like a bugera".

maybe 3 bugeras?

dude everyone has a different opinion on tone....personally i think mesa sounds like crap...i wouldnt spend more than 500 on a mesa (though its not possible anyways)
but some people think mesas are godly amps...pffff

point is ....help me out or just leave i dont need your comment if your just going to say stuff like that
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
dude everyone has a different opinion on tone....personally i think mesa sounds like crap...i wouldnt spend more than 500 on a mesa (though its not possible anyways)
but some people think mesas are godly amps...pffff

point is ....help me out or just leave i dont need your comment if your just going to say stuff like that

/rig
this is my new favorite thread ever.
I love it.
Bravo.

A tip of the hat to you Bugera marketing. You have succeeded in making the next generation dumb as shit. You will forever go down in history along with Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan as teh worst.

@OP...
dude you understand that like bugera makes....
like a lot of amps right?
like more then one? and not all amps sound the same? cuz they are like different?
so maybe if you were like I really like these Bugeras we could help you.
But we can't answer the question what amps sound like amps. Cuz that's a divide by zero forever and ever.

Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by Antimage27
dude everyone has a different opinion on tone....personally i think mesa sounds like crap

On a $1500 budget you could probably buy the Bugera factory. Go for something else.

The V22 doesn't sound like any amp in particular. Maybe look into Bad Cat amps, or Matchless.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I suggest the Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo. It is the only 1x12 combo that meets your criteria. It is so similar to the Bugera that you'd think the Bugera was modeled off of the Peavey...

Seriously, man. Similar to a Bugera? How can something be similar to a knock-off?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I suggest the Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo. It is the only 1x12 combo that meets your criteria. It is so similar to the Bugera that you'd think the Bugera was modeled off of the Peavey...

Seriously, man. Similar to a Bugera? How can something be similar to a knock-off?

well .. ive tried some other amps and if bugera didnt exist id probably go with orange or peavy

only thing abour oranges i dont like is theres no fx loop nor reverb except for the rockerverb
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Jun 12, 2010,
DOOD which BUGERA DID YOU LIKE.

If you like the bugera magician you could look into the mesa mark series. I know you hate mesa tone, but mesa modeled the mark amps EXACTLY like the bugera magician.

The only issue is, mesa stole the plans and already mass produced them. So the bugera isnt even out yet
/rig
i think the mark 5 sounds pretty darn good but its out of my range
havnt tried the other marks
thank you very much
27mMoV31II7.a2
TS, I have the perfect solution for you desire for a Bugera tone and getting rid of $1500!

One of these

One of these

And two of these

Two Bugera tones, 8 speakers, and 270 watts. Plus a little money left over for tax.

Edit: Wait, crap, this is 220 watts more than you wanted.

Apparently the Bugera V22 sorta sounds like this, so you could give that a try.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jun 12, 2010,
Are you looking for the very high-gain tones of the Bugera/Peavey? Or something a little more subdued? If you are looking for the latter, look at Mesa or Fryette's Memphis. If you want the very high-gain in a 1x12, your best (and maybe only) bet is the Peavey 6505+ combo.
i dont need A LOT of gain because i rarely play metal
but it would be nice to have enough gain
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
i dont need A LOT of gain because i rarely play metal
but it would be nice to have enough gain

Mesa Express 5:50 or Mesa Mark V 1x12 combo. The Mark V may cost more than your budget, but it is well worth it.
ive tried the express and to me it sounds really bad
like ive mentioned mark v is very nice but ill have to save up more ><
27mMoV31II7.a2
haha this thread made my day
i loved all the sarcasms :P
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
This thread delivers. Why not just buy another Bugera if that's what you want? I r confuzed.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
This thread delivers. Why not just buy another Bugera if that's what you want? I r confuzed.

+1

if you like bugera tone and you can afford a bugera Buy a bugera.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Then buy the amp the Bugera is a rip off of. It's a simple process really.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Then buy the amp the Bugera is a rip off of. It's a simple process really.

+1 again lol
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Antimage27
ive tried the express and to me it sounds really bad
like ive mentioned mark v is very nice but ill have to save up more ><

Used Mark IV as I said before. The V has a better Rhythm 2 (crunch) channel, but the IV's R2 with a boost is great. The IV has a better lead channel too IMO, most peoples complaints about the V are that the lead channel isn't as aggressive as the IV. You could quite easily find a IV in your budget.
A fellow Vancouverite disappoints.
Dude, I've told you this before and I'll say it again - use our good craigslist to your advantage. There are so many awesome amps that you could find there within your budget, maybe even some that sound like Bugera.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Page 1 of 2