i know this has probably been asked by many others but i can't be bothered to go through all of the previous posts so my question is: i am looking for some easy solos to play , i can already play a few such as James' solo to master of puppets , intro solo to fade to black, intro solo to one, solo to nothing else matters, can almost play solo to sweet child of mine , solo to smoke on the water. i can tap pretty well and i just began trying to learn sweep picking -i can sweep pick but not very fast- so with that said any recommendations?
sorry for my bad English
its so easy and nightrain by guns n roses, living after midnight by judas priest, sleeping in the fire by wasp and maybe scream aim fire by bullet for my valentine for some tapping and sweeps
First solo i learned was californication by RCHP.
If you wanna nail solos, download some DVDs, Lick Library taught me at least half of the solos I know.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
boy, life is hard.. find your own solos..

just kidding

start with solo to enter sandmen (most popular starter solo)

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
For sweeps, Scar Symmetry's 'Holographic Universe' or 'Underneath the Surface' solos are pretty sweepy.
Well, these are the solos I can play, and I'm a rhythm player, so I'm assuming they're not too hard:

Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana - Come As You Are(if you can even call that a solo)
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls(it's just random wanking on the whammy bar)
Judas Priest - Livin' After Midnight
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven(albeit I have a fair bit of trouble with this one)

Tangerine and both the Nirvana solos are pretty dang easy. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Nivana Heart Shaped Box, Nivana Come as You Are, and The Ramones I wanna be sedated. those are about the easiest solos I know.
look up blues solos like some clapton, BB King etc and the intro to All Around The Watch Tower and Voodoo Chile stuff.
like a stone, by Audioslave.

However, id have to say that about 25% of people can get the right tones or even the right notes for that song. wait for my youtube post for this song
the first solo i learned was from "detroit rock city." very easy. "highway to hell" and "smells like teen spirit" also have very easy solos.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I think that the solo in The Burning of Rome by Virgin Steele is quite easy. The only fast part at the end may be playable with practice. Check it out if you're into classic metal stuff...
How to Program a Metalhead ?
Most songs by queen... really fun to learn + will improve your technique. Also, although they are not solos (as in full rock solos), maybe a couple of 'shadows' songs would be good... nice simple melodies that sound quite nice
Quote by JD2k9
guiding light by muse

I'm a passionate England fan but even I find your sig ****ing annoying.

The Searchbar solo is quite good.

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe
Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You
RHCP - Californication / Zephyr Song (never play this in a guitar store, apparently it's the new Stairway).

I don't even know why you're asking here. Listen to songs you like, if it sounds easy then learn it...
Last edited by Duv at Jun 13, 2010,
My first solo was the solo to Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Another fun and easy solo is the solo for Ace of Spades by Motorhead.
Learn Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu, I'm not a big fan, but that song really got me to start sweeping faster.
Crazy train was one of the first solos i learned... might be a little too hard for you though
Where's Waldo?
Aces High by Iron Maiden. I learned that one after playing for a year and it sounds WAY cooler than it is.
Try nothing else matters/fade to black/enter sandman all by metallica

crazy train is probably the first 'shred' solo i learnt (if you can count it as shred)

oh yea the solo in wither by dream theater isnt that hard