hey,
I'm going to buy a roland cube 80x and a epiphone les paul but I saw that the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Translucent Blue is more expensive than a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony.. but do you know why that is? I mean isn't it just the same guitar in another colour??:S xD
yes. same guitar, different colour.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Better looking wood is used for a see thou finish.You do not need to be as picky with what is under a solid finish.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Better looking wood is used for a see thou finish.You do not need to be as picky with what is under a solid finish.

It pretty much comes down to this.

Since you don't see the wood through solid color finishes, they can use "uglier" wood, and sell it cheaper.
It doesn't mean that the wood is bad; it just means that it isn't beautiful.

And with see-through finishes, you want beautiful wood, since you'll actually see it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
It pretty much comes down to this.

Since you don't see the wood through solid color finishes, they can use "uglier" wood, and sell it cheaper.
It doesn't mean that the wood is bad; it just means that it isn't beautiful.

And with see-through finishes, you want beautiful wood, since you'll actually see it.

And that the process of making a good dye requires a sacrifice in China every time they need a new batch.

But, yeah. Both guitars a gonna sound pretty good, but the first thing you should consider if you want to change your sound or make any further modifications... Are the pickups. Because, quite honestly, they're not always the clearest in the world, and they're probably 2-conductors.
hey you can also check out the standard plus or custom series of epiphone
they are a bit more expensive but I guess also better??
duno
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
Pandas are EPIC
I also got a Question
Is a gibson for that amount of $ much better than an epi???
Thnx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pandas
Quote by Headphonehead
I also got a Question
Thnx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pandas

yes, oh yes.
It's not that the wood under standard finishes is uglier. The wood on a plus top is DIFFERENT. Plus tops have a flame maple veneer over the body which gives it the "lines" in the finish.
It costs extra because of that veneer (figured timber is of higher value), and the extra effort that goes into applying a translucent finish rather than a solid colour.

On a Gibson Les Paul the top is actually a carved piece of maple (flamed or not depending) rather than a veneer.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by Headphonehead
hey you can also check out the standard plus or custom series of epiphone
they are a bit more expensive but I guess also better??
duno

No. Everything above the standard is pretty much the same save for appearance. The only guitars above the standard in the Epiphone line that are different are the elitists, which are a fair bit more expensive.

Quote by Headphonehead
I also got a Question
Thnx

Yes.

Better timber, better construction, better electonics. All round better.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Last edited by Steve Holt at Jun 12, 2010,
okay thanks I think I'm going to buy the standard ebony then:P ow and headphonehead, the gibson sounds allot better I went to a shop to listen to both of them and you can hear the differences very clearly:P But since I'm a beginner I'm going to buy the epiphone and the epiphone sounds good too