It's repetitive and dark. Gimme a good crit and I'll crit back.
I also am aware you cannot slide from an open string.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, all through the start, there will be various samples playing.
Attachments:
doom.gp5
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Last edited by Benjabenja at Jun 12, 2010,
Thats awesome. You rock.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
parts of it were cool, the only part i didn't really think was doomy or very good was the beginning. Everything after it was really cool.
The start is alright... sounds scary, argh! I think that was what you were going for, so that's cool. The overlapping lead guitar over the top of the chords fits really well, nice use of chromatics - darkens the mood quite a bit.
I particularly like 116, where the semiquavers come in.

One thing - I would suggest introducing that riff (from the start) later on in the piece... maybe bringing it in at the end, to round things off nicely. It's a good riff, that sets the tone nicely for the rest of the piece, and it would be good to hear it again later on

Keep it up!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323721
Ah! the raging tempo! My desolate sorrow howls from deep inside with virulence against such an abrasively upbeat tempo, slow it down and let the deep emotions run abreast like waves of gloom breaking upon these dark shores!

its not bad, but slow it down to no more than 90 bpm and you have much more doom

some of the melodies are not dark or sad enough for good doom either, write with such sorrow that it makes me want to kill myself . . .
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
You've got a point there. I took it down to 80bpm and I think it sounds better.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
for that riff starting at bar 32 i would have the bass play in unison with the kick drum...i think it sounds a lot better
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.