Guys,

Im looking to try out a set of longer lasting strings for my Tremonti SE.I want a set of strings similar to Elixirs that will last a couple of months-any suggestions of what i should go for?

Cheers

Lee
Why not Elixirs? But Cleartones are pretty good...pretty similar price, though, if that's the angle you're coming from.

Failing that, just get a few packs of Ernie Balls and change them after 2 to 3 weeks, or whenever they start feeling shitty.
I use Ernie Balls .10s and they're perfect. Last about 4 weeks before they're dull.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
Quote by Jyrgen
Dean Markley Blue Steels are awesome. They last for a long time.

+1 they are the brand I keep coming back too.

I've tried them all, boomers, Ernie ball, DR, etc.etc. I keep coming back to dean markley, the best IMHO.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by dash-rendar
I was gonna suggest the Ernie Balls as well

Lots of people have problems with Ernie Balls. I think they sound great! but on my guitars the strings rust in about 3 days. EB's seem very sensitive to people with acidic skin.

Newtone strings last as long as coated strings and they cost less. I've got them on all my guitars that I play regularly and they seem to last around 3 to 4 months for me. Other people who play more tend to get around 2 months of faithful service from them.

The best name brand strings I've used are GHS boomers which give me a good month of use but they don't compeat with the newtone strings.
Cheers guys.

I didnt know that Elixir made electric strings aswell.Am i right in assuming they will last me 2-3 months then?Thats what im after really,a set of strings that will last me 2-3 months.

Cheers

Lee
If you're having problems with string life (and them/the fretboard feeling rough), maybe you could try something like Fingerease or Fast Fret.
Quote by littlephil
If you're having problems with string life (and them/the fretboard feeling rough), maybe you could try something like Fingerease or Fast Fret.

get the frets dressed?
Thats not it, its when the strings feel rough because they're wearing, or the fretboard itself is causing friction (it shouldnt but it does)
Basically the same as oiling the strings.
Quote by littlephil
Thats not it, its when the strings feel rough because they're wearing, or the fretboard itself is causing friction (it shouldnt but it does)
Basically the same as oiling the strings.

im confused now...
D'Addario.

The ones that came stock in my PRS SE Singlecut have been in there for the past 6 months, and they still feel and sound almost like new.

I already tried Ernie Balls, Fenders and GHS Boomers, and D'Addarios are my favourites by far.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Tayron27
Cheers guys.

I didnt know that Elixir made electric strings aswell.Am i right in assuming they will last me 2-3 months then?Thats what im after really,a set of strings that will last me 2-3 months.

Nope, because they break really really easy so they don't actually last any longer than your run of the mill non coated strings. The fact that they sound like ass doesn't help them much either. Seriously... I use Elixier strings on most of my acoustic guitars and they are great, but the electric strings don't hold up and don't sound good. Stay away. Stay far, far away.
Quote by Desertman123
I use Ernie Balls .10s and they're perfect. Last about 4 weeks before they're dull.

This. I play nothing but Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's on all my electrics. Everything from my Strat to my Ibanez S.