hi guys!

so i usually play DR black buties but because of a lack of a job and money i cant afford to be paying £13 everytime i want a new set so my question to you is . . .

whats the best value coated strings on the market, they have to be coated as the feeling of dirty guitar strings goes through me and i just refuse to play with crappy strings haha so obviously coated dont get that and sound better for longer

thanks!
Expect to pay at least a tenner for coated strings, I usually go for Elixirs which are £11 at my local music shop.
hahaha i am a fan of coloured strings but cause of the paint they tend to loose tone quite fast :/
Quote by mr7string
hi guys!

so i usually play DR black buties but because of a lack of a job and money i cant afford to be paying £13 everytime i want a new set so my question to you is . . .

whats the best value coated strings on the market, they have to be coated as the feeling of dirty guitar strings goes through me and i just refuse to play with crappy strings haha so obviously coated dont get that and sound better for longer

thanks!

Coated strings are not the way to go. I've tried them all and none sound good. Elixiers sound tinny and they break very easily so you still end up changing your strings just as often as non coated. The Ernie ball strings give off a static sound when you move your hands across the strings which is very irritating but at least they last a long time. The other brands I've tried just lacked anything that made them interesting and had the same breakage problem as the Elixiers.

I'd suggest going with newtone strings instead. They are cheaper than coated strings and they last just as long (or longer). Newtone is a boutique company that uses round wire instead of hex for the string cores. This creates less friction inside the string, for better tone, and it means the strings collect less dirt, acid, and oils from your fingers which is why they last so much longer. They make strings in custom gauges and core sizes so if you need extra tension but a small gauge (for something like down tuning) or if you want less tension from a larger gauge they can do it for you. They are also very helpful when you don't know exactly what you need. The drawback is that they have a minimum order (I think it's 6 sets) so it means a bit more out of pocket in the beginning but because they are only around 6 or 8 quid a set you still save money in the long run.
I use ELIXIRS i used to use curt mangans. Go with elixirs.good choice.