Page 1 of 2
I've noticed there has been a lack of events for Canadian UGers, but not due to lack of interest. We need somebody to take the initiative, and hopefully this will be the catalyst for more initiative and involvement from our Canadian UGers.

Think of this as a thread for gauging the interest of our Canadian UGers and a discussion thread. I could easily make this event completely my own, but that would defeat the purpose of a UG gig in my opinion. Everybody feel free to suggest venues, dates and all other ideas, they will be used in the shaping of this event. The whole goal with this event will be to keep the community feel. In fact, your opinions and help will be important in the success of this gig, because the more connections we have, the smoother the event will be able to run.

My personal idea for this would be a gig similar to the UK one, but with all UG bands and maybe some jams with UGers. This would keep the community feel and allow for some exposure for some of our talented UGers. Now obviously, this isn't set in stone since I want this to be an event in which the UGers get their say on what happens. I think that would be a great way to have a successful event that keeps the community feel of UG.

What I want from you guys right now is if you are interested, and preferred dates for the event. This is the first step in organizing the gig, and will help decide the size and date of the gig, so if you are interested, POST!

Once we have a bit more information I'll start a group where we can plan the event and discuss ideas for it in depth.

1) Thrashtastic15, any date is good for me. I'll be making time for it.

2) Rancid Ivy, August, September, October

3) James4

4) Andragon

5) Paradox Empire

6) TimboSlice

7) Evildude

8) fishmunky

9) bellamy_morello

10) axemanchris

11) Wiegenlied

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jul 1, 2010,
grand theft auto?
what are you canadians up to?
now extra flamey
Quote by Ikey
grand theft auto?
what are you canadians up to?

Well aren't you a comedian. GTA = Greater Toronto Area.
Awww i was hoping on cops and robbers or something
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
If you're in Canada, how will you be able to see the big American titties my cousin keeps going on about?
Which bands have you got around there that want to play such an event? There's a hell of a lot on UG, and some of them must be Canadian.
Quote by Alex Vik
I thought we were gonna have a big GTA IV game online.

I am dissapoint.
This.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Colohue
Which bands have you got around there that want to play such an event? There's a hell of a lot on UG, and some of them must be Canadian.

The plan here is to keep it as community as possible. So I'll let people who are attending suggest bands they'd like to see that are local, and people can throw their own bands in to the mix. I'll let the people who are interested in attending pick which bands they would like to see, and then contact the bands and see if we can make it happen. I'm not trying to make this event my brainchild, I'm just trying to organize the thoughts of the people attending.
Quote by bendystraw
If you're in Canada, how will you be able to see the big American titties my cousin keeps going on about?

Shut up niko!The time will come
"Wrath is not a sin"
I play PS3 , Psn: g-tibbert . Add me up!
It is on topic.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
It is on topic.

No, it's not. I'm asking for a specific thing and I'm getting "ololol i thought this was about GTA the game I so funny"
Quote by Thrashtastic15
No, it's not. I'm asking for a specific thing and I'm getting "ololol i thought this was about GTA the game I so funny"

Should change the thread title then, son.

I'm down for this. I guess sometime during August/September/October would be fine for me
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Good iniciative

Maybe a mod could sticky, though there are a lot of stickies at the moment
You should definitely edit OP to say what GTA means. I were confus until you explained it in a post (Though I'm neither Canadian nor Torontoan (Torontan? Torontese? Toronti? I like that one. Toronti).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by kalnoky7
Good iniciative

Maybe a mod could sticky, though there are a lot of stickies at the moment

Yeah a sticky might help for this.

^and I edited the OP. I didn't really see the point, considering anyone who would be going would know what the GTA is.
Might want to buzz a mod asking for a title change and define a couple of ideas that could hook some interest. Right now, your plan is a little too open for anything but scrutiny.
Quote by Alex Vik

I am dissapoint.

This.
Quote by floppypick
Helicopter whirl...

If this does not involve you somehow flying with your hair, I will be horribly disappointed.

PSN = wario184
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Fucking Watermelons...

How dat shit work yo?
Quote by Alex Vik

I am dissapoint.

I was excited

but now not so much
Damn, I came into this thread expecting a massive GTA online game or something, I'm disappointed
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Thank God someone is actually taking the initiative as opposed to just sitting there going "wahhhh, UG isn't doing anything in Canada, wahhhh."

The problem is, the people who bitch and moan are all talk. The minute somebody takes the initiative to try and put everything they've bitched about in to fruition, this happens.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
The problem is, the people who bitch and moan are all talk. The minute somebody takes the initiative to try and put everything they've bitched about in to fruition, this happens.

The same thing happened with the UK stuff. You just need to keep pushing and persevere.
Quote by Colohue
Might want to buzz a mod asking for a title change and define a couple of ideas that could hook some interest. Right now, your plan is a little too open for anything but scrutiny.

It's hard to make any concrete plans when you have no idea how much interest is actually there. As I've said, people have been acting and talking in a way where I could expect a lot of interest, and then this is what I get.
Quote by GisleAune
Misleading title is misleading.

But read the full OP before posting.

It's not misleading for the people who would actually be attending the event.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by Doctor Matthews
As a venue: The Annex Wreck Room, if you can get it.

I need people to show they are interested in attending an event before I start looking in to venues, but I'll write it down (it's that one on Bathurst, right?). Are you interested, or no?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I need people to show they are interested in attending an event before I start looking in to venues, but I'll write it down (it's that one on Bathurst, right?). Are you interested, or no?

I'm not sure yet if I'm interested in attending.

But yes, it is the one on Bathurst right at Bloor, just by the Pizza Pizza.
Also, the Bread and Circus would work too if you have a smaller turn out.

I know I'm jumping the gun here.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I'm not sure yet if I'm interested in attending.

But yes, it is the one on Bathurst right at Bloor, just by the Pizza Pizza.
Also, the Bread and Circus would work too if you have a smaller turn out.

I know I'm jumping the gun here.

That's just the mindset that is killing me here.
Sad fact is, people are more interested if you make big boasts about what you could do.

There's a lot of opportunities out there. Toronto has plenty of people, even if it doesn't have the concentration of people that the UK has.

Don't worry, Ben and I will gladly do all we can to help, just for the sake of having something for UG that goes beyond the UK. The reason there are so many UK events is nothing to do with mass or size; it's that we're here.
Quote by Alex Vik

I am dissapoint.

This.

We should all play GTA instead.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Colohue
Sad fact is, people are more interested if you make big boasts about what you could do.

There's a lot of opportunities out there. Toronto has plenty of people, even if it doesn't have the concentration of people that the UK has.

Don't worry, Ben and I will gladly do all we can to help, just for the sake of having something for UG that goes beyond the UK. The reason there are so many UK events is nothing to do with mass or size; it's that we're here.

But, I can't make big boasts if nobody shows any interest in it. What we really need right now is for people to back up what they've been saying and show that they are interested in a UG event here.
*is showing interest*

I'm ..er..between bands at the moment, but if all else fails, I'm willing to meet up and jam some time

or at least go meet up with some UGers for some of the NXNE sets..
Bump. I'm down. I'm not sure if I'll have a band to play the show or team up with a few others, but I'm definitely down. Bout time, bad enough there aren't any decent festivals around here.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
I'm in Toronto, but I don't have nearly enough time to help co-ordinate things. Not that I know how anyway.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I'm in Toronto, but I don't have nearly enough time to help co-ordinate things. Not that I know how anyway.

You would come to the event though, right?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Well aren't you a comedian. GTA = Greater Toronto Area.

If I said D/FW you'd be pissed with confusion, wouldn't you? I say, what the man said is relevant. GTA is known worldwide as a violent video game, not as "Greater Toronto Whatever". Why so serious?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Page 1 of 2