I have an old Fender Squire Stratocaster lying around and was wondering, is this thing upgradeable? I mean is the body the same size as an standard american stratocaster? You see the neck is damaged and I was thinking of putting a standard american strat neck in. Can it be done? This would be just one upgrade as I'm thinking of replacing most of the hardware and electronics. I was thinking of putting in DiMarzio pickups, but what pickups would you guys consider great for blues and rock? Also too what do you think I should consider when upgrading this (my first guitar) old friend? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
SG
If I was you, and I was serious about guitar, I'd just upgrade the entire guitar. Any Strat is good for blues rock, so just look around at maybe a Mexi or even American-made Strat. Good luck!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I Don't think replacing the neck should be a problem.
But since you're planning on replacing about everything except for the body, wouldn't it be a better idea to save up for a American Standard Strat (or something similar)?
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
Yea you can get Mexican strats for like 200-300 dollars on ebay.
Comic

SAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSS!!!!
I still want to have it around. It has a great amount of sentimental value to me, as I said, it was my first guitar, I learned to play with this thing. So can the american strat neck work in this affinity series squire and what are great pickups to put in for blues and rock?
SG
Quote by masterquest
I have an old Fender Squire Stratocaster lying around and was wondering, is this thing upgradeable? I mean is the body the same size as an standard american stratocaster? You see the neck is damaged and I was thinking of putting a standard american strat neck in. Can it be done? This would be just one upgrade as I'm thinking of replacing most of the hardware and electronics. I was thinking of putting in DiMarzio pickups, but what pickups would you guys consider great for blues and rock? Also too what do you think I should consider when upgrading this (my first guitar) old friend? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Very upgradeable and a MIM, MIJ, MIK, or MIA neck will fit fine.

I'd upgrade the electronics (pots and switch) and shield all the cavities and PG: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

You can also replace the bridge with a MIM Standard bridge from 2007 or later, it has the heftier trem block and the 6-screw holes will line up.

Then, you can always refinish it! Good Luck!