Recommend me a new amp:

-Price range 600-800 euros (excluding speakers); will go up to about 1000 if needed
-Tube amp preferred
-I'd like multiple channels if possible
-Wattage not too high

I've looked at the Orange Tiny Terror and Vox Nighttrain so far. I have no clue what other brands have to offer at this price, so it would be nice to have someone point me in the right direction.

EDIT:

As for music, I play mainly blues/rock: Gary Moore, GnR, SRV, Santana, every now and then some Muse .

Sometimes little bit of Vai/Satch type stuff.
Last edited by Captain Panda at Jun 12, 2010,
What kind of music do you play?

You say excluding speakers, does that mean you already have a cab and just want a head? or are you looking at combos aswell?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
yeah, we need to know what type of music. I think you have everything else listed ok.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, and also why you want the low wattage (just to make sure you not buying a 20 watt amp thinking you'll be able to crank it at home).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Excluding speakers because I have some money put aside for them, but if you can recommend a nice combo amp that would be great

As for music, I play mainly blues/rock: Gary Moore, GnR, SRV, Santana, every now and then some Muse .

Sometimes little bit of Vai/Satch type stuff.

As for wattage, I don't expect to crank it at home, but I don't want to play it with the volume knob all the way down either. I've found a nice practicing area where I can play very loudly (crank dat baby), but I can only go there during weekends.
used Laney VC-15 (with boost for Satch and Vai)
used Laney HRC-50 (a bit loud)
used Marshall Class 5 (doesn't start to shine until you push it to 4, needs a boost for Satch, not too loud)

If you want to raise your loudness level a bit I have some other options, but they need to be a bit cranked in order to get some of the tones you want.
The new ENGL Gigmaster seems perfect for what you want. Also consider the Egnater Tweaker.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by britishsligean
blackstar ht-20 very versatile little amp, available in both a head and combo

BLACKSTAR IS THE WAY TO GO I HAVE it and its amazing
Quote by Raijouta
The new ENGL Gigmaster seems perfect for what you want. Also consider the Egnater Tweaker.

yeah, the gigmaster was what i was thinking of when i asked him those questions. I haven't tried it, but the soundclips are good. and engls are generally decent at least. greg's clips of the tweaker were really good too, also worth considering (presumably, i haven't tried it).

Quote by Captain Panda

As for wattage, I don't expect to crank it at home, but I don't want to play it with the volume knob all the way down either. I've found a nice practicing area where I can play very loudly (crank dat baby), but I can only go there during weekends.

thanks, that sounds sensible enough.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, the gigmaster was what i was thinking of when i asked him those questions. I haven't tried it, but the soundclips are good. and engls are generally decent at least. greg's clips of the tweaker were really good too, also worth considering (presumably, i haven't tried it).

thanks, that sounds sensible enough.

What tweaker? Googling "engl tweaker" or "greg tweaker" didn't show any results.
Quote by Captain Panda
What tweaker? Googling "engl tweaker" or "greg tweaker" didn't show any results.

Egnater Tweaker
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
sorry, yeah, egnater tweaker.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?