I'm set on the amp head I want, the Hughes and Kettner 100 watt Switchblade (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-&-Kettner-Switchblade-100-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481983) which to my ears sounds versatile yet metal as hell.

That being said I'll have to look into my first cab to go with that head. I'm a complete noob to cabs and what makes them "good" (notice and appreciate the quotation marks! lol).

Now I'm looking for something affordable in a cab. The best cab I can get my hands on on a budget that'll most importantly suit me.

My friend recently got a half stack. A Bugera 1990 w/ reverb and this cab

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bugera-412FBK-Classic-200W-4x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=423114

Idk how good that really is but that seems affordable for a first cab but like I said, I'm looking for something I'd really want on a budget. I'd say the budget is 250-400 USD. Thanks for your time!
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Jun 20, 2010,
look at avatar cabs they come with celestion vintage 30's and are very bright and ideal for metal
With that budget to not end up with a terrible cab go Avatar like the guys above said. I also won't tell you not to buy a 4x12 for any reason, just remember that they're a total bastard to move around.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
bump for more opinions

Looks like Avatars are a good bang for my buck?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
And any word on what kind of Avatar 4x12's I should look into? They have quite a few.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Avatar, Mesa, Lopoline, Ear Candy, Splawn, Orange, Soldano cabinets are all very good, high quality cabs to be found within your price range.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Avatar, Mesa, Lopoline, Ear Candy, Splawn, Orange, Soldano cabinets are all very good, high quality cabs to be found within your price range.

Rajouta you always make great suggestions. I mean that and thanks!

However let's rule Avatar out of the equation for a second. As a matter of fact let's stay restricted to cabs I can go see/try in person at my local Sam Ash/GC/etc or wherever. Just hypothetical. How about then?

Btw are there any Mesa cabs in my price range? All of them seem rather expensive unless I"m being an idiot and I missed the cheap ones lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
And fyi I'm not totally worried about the speakers that come with the cab as I can take care of that later. My concerns are about everything else and I guess I really don't want the speakers to be crappy as hell but like I said I can switch the speakers out later on.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
you'll want avatar in the 400 dollar price range. The cabs they have at gc in that price range new are simply no good. You'll end up spending more money getting speakers and whatever later. Grab an avatar traditional 412 with v30s.

If you're willing to go used there are more options. Mesa 412s and Marshall Lead cabs should be in that price range along with anything else really. So if your gc carries them go play them and find the one you like used. In the upper tier your ears won't notice a difference really. Get v30s for your first speakers. don't get anything cheaper then that.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer