So, I'm wondering what to go for, I don't know any models, and obviously I want something that won't sacrifice any sound. Yet, I want to avoid paying £300 for one. Are there any decent ones out there for cheaper?

Please tell your wireless systems and experiences. I'm fed up of not jumping around in my Pop-Punk band at shows >.<
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Last edited by stueey at Jun 12, 2010,
Theres some models at about £200 I think but i'm not sure about reliability...
I don't think it matters much seeing as you're playing pop punk so a couple of chords is about it, but wireless systems lose a lot of tone for your guitar... You want my advice?? Get a huge cable... tape it to your guitar if necessary... Thats how I prefer it with my band... I'm not the only one... John 5 with Rob zombie and ex-marilyn manson... Machine head and megadeth amongst many others, although playing huge places still use cables for the exact reason of keeping guitar tone... If you're not bothered about tone and don't mind spending a few quid go get a system... But you have to get a processor style thing to stick on top of your amp to connect it all... I think that'll be around another £100 or so at least
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Man, I might be in a Pop-Punk band, but I'm not dumb enough to sacrifice tone. I do have a 30ft cable, but its a pain in the ass. I might just save up.

I'm concerned I'll loose clarity in my clean parts too, i tried my friends wireless and it distorted my signal. I borrowed it for a show, and it cut out during a guitar solo. Typical. I might be better off saving for a £300+ one.
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by stueey
Man, I might be in a Pop-Punk band, but I'm not dumb enough to sacrifice tone. I do have a 30ft cable, but its a pain in the ass. I might just save up.

I'm concerned I'll loose clarity in my clean parts too, i tried my friends wireless and it distorted my signal. I borrowed it for a show, and it cut out during a guitar solo. Typical. I might be better off saving for a £300+ one.

You should be concerned!

Your best off getting a damn nice one. I would personally spend it on something adding to my tone, versus going boutique just to keep the same sound. To each their own I suppose.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Well if your heart is set on a cheap wireless, either Line 6's X2 or Relay lines should do you well. I've heard nothing but good things about both, and some people have even said that tone-wise, they couldn't tell the difference between them and a cable.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

i have an audio technica one. cost me around £120. its brilliant. nothing cuts, nothings distorted. sounds pretty all frequencies shine. its actually a pretty nice bit of kit.

and with a modification by an electrician (my uncle did mine) can also be used as a in ear monitor receiver. with no loss of clarity from each =]
i'm Ginger its fun