I'm looking for about 12 songs to busk with. I'm on electric guitar with a Roland microcube and I can't sing. This is the first time I'm busking.

Help please!

Also is dream on a good busking song?
I don't know of any thread from yesterday, so I'll just suggest Wonderwall.
DeVillains!
Quote by leg end
Really? There was a thread on this yesterday.

That was about places to busk, if I'm not wrong.

And try doing "Falling Slowly". You'll get money and pusseh.
Win.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

learn Binge and Grab by Buckethead. at least the two main parts... i guess they'd be considered the verse and the chorus. those parts are pretty simple, and when I play it, everyone tells me how good i am... when I'm actually not that great.
and if somehow, you could learn the solo, go for it. but i don't know anyone who could play that part of it and get it to sound good. it's INSANE.
but you should also bring an acoustic and play some Jack Johnson. haha. people would love that.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by Zoot Allures
Hmm if you won't sing then two words.

SLIDE GUITAR

+1
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by shattamakar

And try doing "Falling Slowly". You'll get money and pusseh.
Win.

Maybe like three years ago. No one really remembers that song anymore.

Play something either everybody knows or is impressive, or people won't pay you any mind.
Quote by leg end
Bob Dylan
Came in here to suggest just this.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Yeah busking alone but not being able to sing will be extraordinarily tricky. Maybe just play a 12 bar blues kind of thing for a really long time?
Don't do it.

That sounds really boring. An unaccompanied guitarist who doesn't even sing. Let alone through an amp?

Always play acoustic while busking. Unless you have accompaniment.
Always sing while busking, because nobody cares how good you are at wanking around.
i think i might know what busking is, but can someone further explain it?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by skwelcher
i think i might know what busking is, but can someone further explain it?

It's committing a blatant crime in front of a police officer and playing a song while you make your escape. The whole idea is for people to give you money or items to aid you to get away from the law safely.
You know any classical pieces? Those things are designed to play instrumental and theyre insanely beatiful. Could get some money
I'm having the urge to start busking today and tomorrow, my goal is 10 dollars to go see BTBAM on monday.....how long do you guys think it would take?

Also some good songs to learn would be good.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Don't do it.

That sounds really boring. An unaccompanied guitarist who doesn't even sing. Let alone through an amp?

Always play acoustic while busking. Unless you have accompaniment.
Always sing while busking, because nobody cares how good you are at wanking around.

This, if you're a guitarist you're not going to make half a buck unless you sing.
Play "Genital Grinder." With vocals, of course. And right after that, play "Three Little Birds."

People will be all at your apparent versatility.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Disagree.

Depends on the style the busker's playing, though.
MATTERHORN
Hey There Delilah
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']It's committing a blatant crime in front of a police officer and playing a song while you make your escape. The whole idea is for people to give you money or items to aid you to get away from the law safely.
its not illegal everywhere.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by Confusius
This, if you're a guitarist you're not going to make half a buck unless you sing.
A good, inventive acoustic guitarist will get stuff without singing. As long as they're not just playing chords or wanking around with scales.
Quote by crzysnowborder
its not illegal everywhere.

Oh, that was just me giving him a silly, inaccurate description of what busking is, not being a smartass about it getting him arrested or anything.
I busked for a few months in Melbourne, never singing, always at night and sometimes made up to $150 (£86, 130 USD). So it's definately doable. I did do some songs but mostly just improvised, putting as much energy into it as I could. I got a loop pedal about half way through which made it easier for me to solo and such, but I didn't really seem to make any more money.

One thing I did do with the loop pedal was learn a few simple, current pop songs and layer down the backing, playing the vocal melody over the top - people seemed to enjoy that.