I'm talking about bands such as The Prodigy, Cypress Hill, stuff like that. I was watching some youtube videos, and live, they seem to bring other people to play, like this. Are these guys just complete randomers who were signed up for the job? Or like roadies ro some shizzle? Why aren't they part of the band? And also, with bands such as The Prodigy, they have live instrumentalists, but the thing is, are they actually playing? The drummer is playing quite realistically, but it sounds basically identical to the original beat, I mean, listen to the snare as well. That is not from a natural drumset. Are they actually playing or not? What's the point of having these people for show?

Sorry if it sounded like a bit of a rant, just wanted to know
Quote by Lollage123
The drummer is playing quite realistically, but it sounds basically identical to the original beat, I mean, listen to the snare as well. That is not from a natural drumset. Are they actually playing or not? What's the point of having these people for show?

Sorry if it sounded like a bit of a rant, just wanted to know

1. Drum triggers.

2. For people to enjoy.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
My guess is they hire what are called "session musicians", meaning they hire them for a gig or two or for some studio work.
if you've ever played on a stage without a live rhythm section you'd know how bizarre it is.

they're probably running the mics on the drums through some kind of processor.
#DTWD
Quote by Primus2112
1. Drum triggers.

2. For people to enjoy.

Sorry, but what're drum triggers?

And Primus, would that mean it was just for the people on stage then, whilst the original beat is being blared out on speakers?
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jun 12, 2010,
Having worked with similar bands before....The way these bands set up is they may have a couple of live musicians hired and yes they're actually playing their instruments on stage. Drummer usually controls the backing tracks that usually go with song through triggers or sampler. Hell he may even be playing an electric kit. Guitars usually live along with bass (if bass guitar is required). Other than that the setup is usually pretty minimal.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
Quote by Lollage123
Sorry, but what're drum triggers?

And Primus, would that mean it was just for the people on stage then, whilst the original beat is being blared out on speakers?

If the sound is going through a processor that means the drum is being mic'd and the mic goes through some effects and EQs and such before it comes out of the speakers