what are the best tube amps for punk rock/pop-punk? it needs to have a good clean channel too cause i play some worship etc. it dosnt matter is the overdrive is crap cause i can get like a tubescreamer or somthing.

my guitar is a prs se singlecut and a fender mim strat

thx
phil
Budget?

Particular bands whose sound you want?

Edit: The general consensus around here is that Marshall JCM900s tend to be pretty good for those genres, but answer those two questions first, then we can help you out more.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by 2MoreWeeks
Tiny Terror maybe?

Budget?

He said he wanted a clean channel.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
green day-billie je armstrong sound
badns like sum 41 blink 182 and green day sound
In that case (and I know I may get relentlessly flamed for saying this), a Peavey Valveking should fit the bill nicely. (However you'll likely need to swap out the speaker later on, as the one that comes stock with the amp tends to get muddy on the low end.) I did play one a few times in store (with all stock parts, mind you), and even though I wouldn't call it the best amp for punk/pop punk, it actually does those genres pretty well for a cheap tube amp IMHO.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by rocknrolldude43
In that case (and I know I may get relentlessly flamed for saying this), a Peavey Valveking should fit the bill nicely. (However you'll likely need to swap out the speaker later on, as the one that comes stock with the amp tends to get muddy on the low end.) I did play one a few times in store (with all stock parts, mind you), and even though I wouldn't call it the best amp for punk/pop punk, it actually does those genres pretty well for a cheap tube amp IMHO.

i gotta second the valveking. they aren't the best amps (especially stock), but with an EQ pedal and a Tubescreamer, the can sound pretty darn good. both the speaker swap and the EQ are pretty much necessities though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You should be able to find a JCM900 combo used for about $500, maybe less. If you can't, try a used Vox AC15 and a decent distortion pedal. I would only get the Valveking as a last resort, seeing as the mods will put you over-budget.
traynor maybe. assuming you're being serious when you say "somewhat flexible" (the ycv40 and 50 are around $600 i think).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?