I think it's worth it if it's actually a '66.

But it is pretty damn ugly...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Looks genuine, I think the price is just relatively low due to the extensive (+ugly) aftermarket paintwork on it.
The description isn't really clear what it is, I wouldn't trust it even if it is just bad english. Also, do you really want to be rubbing jesus' face in your crotch for an eternity?
Quote by Shashing
Also, do you really want to be rubbing jesus' face in your crotch for an eternity?

sigged

but yeah, i think it's probably worth it if its legit. be aware that refinishing takes a lot off the resale value of a vintage instrument, so the price now is fair enough but if it gets much higher it's probably not worth it as an "investment grade" instrument.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jun 12, 2010,
It looks like it's alright. But that finish made me throw up a little. If you get it make sure you do a refinish.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Didn't the Jaguars have major tuning stability issues with the bridge or something? Sry if I'm wrong and thinking of something else
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Didn't the Jaguars have major tuning stability issues with the bridge or something? Sry if I'm wrong and thinking of something else

Not so much tuning stability problems, but yeah the Jaguar and Jazzmaster bridges are known to be a bit finnicky.
They actually hold tune well (maybe even better than a Strat-style bridge), but depending on how they're set up/what strings you use/allsorts, the most common problem with them is where the strings slip out of the saddles if you play too hard, which is commonly fixed by changing the bridge to a Mustang bridge (or a Tune-O-Matic, or the super expensive 'Mastery' bridge designed to solve that problem and a couple others).

Though I might be slightly wrong/might've missed out something (besides, don't want to derail the thread). My Jazzmaster's got a Tune-O-Matic and has no bridge problems
Last edited by pete-c at Jun 12, 2010,
I dunno if the price will go up much more. For a refinished guitar - and such an undesirable refinish at that - and with no guarantee that any of the parts are original or in good condition, it's really not worth much. Certianly, you would have trouble flogging that to any vintage guitar store. I wouldn't call this much of a bargain.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Why is jesus on the back of that guitar?
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Quote by scrubzyful
Why is jesus on the back of that guitar?

From the Q&A bit on the auction:
was a guitar used by a gospel group in the early 70's
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
It sold for $1,600.

Wow.
Seriously if it was in store here it would struggle to make £500 (about $900). I'm amazed anyone was stupid enough to spend that much on it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by pete-c
From the Q&A bit on the auction:

That's hilarious, they would've been like the Christian Side Huggers of the 70s
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.