Hey guys

I've got me an old squier sp-10 amp, 10 watts.

with that, i've got me a set of stereo speakers, the so called Phillips FB 332/352. It says its impendance is 3 ohms.

could i connect these speakers to the squier, and run vocals through it? i'm thinking the stereo speakers would feedback much less then the lil squier speaker would.

i do have soldering skills, so i could take the wires of the squier speaker and solder them to the phillips speakers.

- Bingt
Open up the amp and check the speaker impedence (should say on the speaker), then tell me what it is and Ill tell you if its ok or not.
okay, opening it up.

edit: the speaker is blank. says nothing.

what are the risks if i'd connect it either way?
Last edited by Bingt at Jun 12, 2010,
would it be able to keep up with drums, if feedback wouldn't be a problem here?

edit:

going from one 6" speaker to two 6" with tweeters should improve feedback problems, so it could run at full volume, right?
Well, since it's a SS amp I don't think the risks are very high, I'd just connect the two speakers in series (assuming they're 3ohm each) which will add up to 6ohm which is close enough to 8ohm which the speaker is likely to be.

EDIT: It might keep up depending what you play, I'd try it and see if I were you.
Last edited by kacper_j at Jun 12, 2010,
That might be a good idea since the ohms will rise, therefore putting less strain on the amp, but lowering the power, so it's up to you really.
Yeh, when the impedance goes up the power goes down. If connected in series, speakers gain impedance, but if you connect them in pararell it decreases so the power increases, putting more strain on the amp.
would you give it more chance if i'd put 2 speakers in series, and 1 in paralell with the 2 others?

would give me 6 ohms impendance, though some power gain through the 3th speaker?

edit;

also, i assume the red wire from the other speakers is the plus?
Anything is a PA system if it is a system that is designed to address the public.

Roll up a piece of paper into a cone. - that's a PA system
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bingt
would you give it more chance if i'd put 2 speakers in series, and 1 in paralell with the 2 others?

would give me 6 ohms impendance, though some power gain through the 3th speaker?

edit;

also, i assume the red wire from the other speakers is the plus?

the best option would be to connect the 2 3ohm speakers in pararell and then connect them in series with the original amp speaker as this will only add an extra 1.5ohms to the whole system.

And yes, the red wire is positive
Just connect the weak-ass speaker to both channels, pause "Raining Blood" right as the really fast part begins, crank the amp and press play.

It won't work, but you will have a fun explosion that will be sure to entertain both you and your guests!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by jamesfarr
I've done this before. It turned out crap.

if this is true, then....

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Just connect the weak-ass speaker to both channels, pause "Raining Blood" right as the really fast part begins, crank the amp and press play.

It won't work, but you will have a fun explosion that will be sure to entertain both you and your guests!

THIS!
Quote by Bingt
if this is true, then....

THIS!

Yeah, but just see if it works first, you don't wanna ruin a pair of good speakers.