Hey people!

And yet another original! This one's very intimate, but I thought I'd share anyway, to see what you guys think. Give PJ1989 some love for playing the piano parts that I arranged; one of the best pianists I know, and definitely one of the best friends in the world!

Anyway, here is my song:

ZeGuitarist - December (Original)

Cheers!
wow very nice. mad props to PJ1989 for the piano playing, sounds great. tone on that thing is great too. i like the progression/melody/whateveritscalledonpiano. seems like it is a lot of the same type of stuff, but there is enough going on between the high and low voices that it stays interesting.

not sure about the chimes at the beginning and end. part of me thinks they are a nice touch, but part of me thinks they sound a bit off. i liked them better at the end than the beginning i think. going back and forth here, cant decide if i like them or not.

i am assuming thats you singing. i really like your voice, and it really works well with song. couple of spots that seemed like you missed your target note, more so toward the beginning. i think i only noticed it because the song is so sparse (thats not really the right word though). also noticed one spot where i think it clipped (or maybe was a harsh 'plosive). if it just peaked a bit much, easy fix.

overall, i really, really liked it. very good recording and i thought the piano was excellent. singing was really good, other than a couple small things i noticed. much better than i can do though very nice arrangement and well executed
^ Thanks a lot for that extensive crit! I know my voice isn't perfect, but I'm more than happy with this recording, it's good enough for me

Quote by jof1029
mad props to PJ1989 for the piano playing, sounds great. tone on that thing is great too
PJ is a brilliant pianist, he deserves all the credit you could give him. His Clavia Nord Stage is responsible for the brilliant tone, that machine is wonderful!

Thanks again man
Wow, man this is amazing!! PJ1989s piano playing is amazing and the tone, what a tone. It's great. I have to say that I love your voice and the lyrics. The intro really was great, the music box. Damn that was great, really set the mood man. I gotta say this piece made me feel sort of sad, not a lot of songs can do that. The singing and piano playing completely compliment each other. "Curse me with a thousand scars" or it could be "stars" but either way man, that is a great lyric. Did you write them? If you did great great job. Your stuff never ceases to amaze me. KEEP IT UP! Dude you've got an incredible amount of potential. Great job!

Edit: This song sort of reminded me of "Little Susie" By Michael Jackson, if you haven't heard it, I suggest you check it out man. It's great!
Last edited by inyourgirlagain at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by inyourgirlagain
"Curse me with a thousand scars" or it could be "stars" but either way man, that is a great lyric. Did you write them? If you did great great job.
I did write them, yes. Thanks a lot! I'm not gonna make it "curse me with a thousand stars" btw, because the line that it rhymes with already has "stars" in it

Quote by inyourgirlagain
Edit: This song sort of reminded me of "Little Susie" By Michael Jackson, if you haven't heard it, I suggest you check it out man. It's great!
Don't know that one. I'll check it out!

Cheers mate!