Need a guitar for banging around camping etc..under 500$
Debating between the Washburn d10s(Read alot of good things) and the Takamine GS330s(which i am leaning towards). I already have a takamine gb7 wonderful. What would you recommend? I like a nice full sound with easy playablity, do not like shallow cheap guitar sound. Any other model suggestions?? thanks
seagull s6 - i prefer the sound to both those guitars. also if you like yamahas - the quality is good, but whether you like the sound is about you - the fg730s is among my favorites, although i hear the yamaha LL6 sounds better, but i haven't seen one in person. and if you want a more martin sound with more bass, the blueridge br-40 is probably the way to go, or the br-43 if you're looking a bit smaller. they both sound very good for laminate - i've been quite impressed with them, and you can check them out at musiciansfriend or maury's.

btw, i read a lot of good things about the d10s, but when i played it in person, i was pretty disappointed. you may feel differently, but to me it sounded a bit muffled and just didn't deliver.
if you dont want to look at any other options then go for the washburn. they have a great sound although im not sure if you should get one for just "banging around". you could get a cheap japanese or chinese one as another option. they dont sound as good (some come close) but theyd be a better option for a cheap budget
Quote by d-2700
Need a guitar for banging around camping etc..under 500$
Debating between the Washburn d10s(Read alot of good things) and the Takamine GS330s(which i am leaning towards). I already have a takamine gb7 wonderful. What would you recommend? I like a nice full sound with easy playablity, do not like shallow cheap guitar sound. Any other model suggestions?? thanks

A Washburn D-10 is a good choice for a camping guitar. Good build quality and decent sound. If it's damaged, you won't be out much money or experience the anguish of the first good ding. A D-10 can be picked up fairly cheaply. Check out the bay or craigslist in your area. You'll probably find some under $300. The Takamine GS300 plays and sounds better IMO. But it has cedar tops which are softer than spruce and ding very easily. As a camping guitar, a GS330 will get beat up pretty fast unless you're careful with it.
Yamahas in my experience are good solid brands. They have good sound good innotation and such. The FG series is my favorite.

Like Gibson, they have a branch they call ETERNA. Don't buy them. These aren't very good guitars. They have a good sound but sometimes (like my ETERNA) get a terrible buzz from the truss rod don't know why but it does.

I don't know what the guitars of the fg series cost, because my dad's isn't made any more and you find one used it is very expensive. Incidently, it's my profile name I love it so much.
Personally, I love the Takamines... I have an s33vs in sunburst and (especially considering I got it for about $100) I think it has a great sound.
I also love the Epiphone ej200ce and am trying to get one. It's simalar to the Gibson J200 but much cheaper (around $400). Although, it's an acoustic / electric so it might not be what you're looking for.
Hope that helps
You All Everybody!!!
The music is all around you... All you have to do is listen
Last edited by Rock-n-RollStar at Jun 25, 2010,