I'm working my way through ''Always With Me Always With You'' by Joe Satriani and I'm having some problems with my bends from approx. 16th fret up...for example when i bend the high e up a step at the 19th fret the tips of my fingers catch the B string and when I come out of the bend into vibrato the B string catches and twangs. Any ideas?
Take the next finger and mute the b-string, if you can, move that along with the other bend by putting your other finger on the side of the string, pushing it upwards, so it keeps it muted and moves it out of the way.

That's just how I do it, I'm sure it's not proper technique whatsoever, but I don't do many bends or soloing or anything anyways, so I don't really mind..

I hope I explained that well enough with words..
If your recording, and there's no open strings in that solo, put a band around the 1st fret or so to mute open strings..
Quote by salgala2000
If your recording, and there's no open strings in that solo, put a band around the 1st fret or so to mute open strings..

You genius!! But I must get the technique right so I'll try muting it with my free fingers.