i have a fender squier a nd a front man 15w do i still need a distortion pedel to play with a rock distorted sound in it, because when i put the drive -select the distortion isn't the best ......... if i buy a boss metal zone or a pedel will it sound any better...?

thanks
>.<

You should really think about just upgrading the amp entirely, putting a pedal through a cheap SS amp won't give you much.. Especially a Metal Zone.

If you're considering dropping the cash on a pedal, save said money and try to get a better amp.
from 6 years of experience with the amp, no pedal will give you a brilliant distortion. A metal zone would probably be fine though it.
thanks but im kinda in a pinch and am not the good at guitar im still a beginner but i want that rocky sound will a metal zone make me a disortion rocky sound...
Quote by angel0fdeath666
thanks but im kinda in a pinch and am not the good at guitar im still a beginner but i want that rocky sound will a metal zone make me a disortion rocky sound...

Kinda, sorta, yeah. But don't buy the pedal.

The amp you have is a starter amp. If you want a better sound, running a mediocre distortion pedal through it isn't going to improve your overall sound. If you're willing to drop almost $100 on a pedal and a cable to run it with, you should seriously consider saving your money and upgrading your amp to something with a better sound.

Also, just because you aren't good now doesn't mean you won't be three year, three months, or three weeks from now. And being a shoddy guitarist doesn't preclude you from having decent gear. A good amp will go farther for you in the long run than a decent-ish pedal and a starter amp. A lot farther.
I know where your coming from .i was there before . but i got a digitech metal and hell yes it will improve your sound .you wont be disappointed . I do recommend looking for it used though .it will save quite a few dollars
May I also try to convince you not to buy a pedal? Here's the reason why.

The Digitech Death Metal costs at about 50 euros (40 something dollars?). If you manage to get some more money and go for a really honest amp like a Vox VT, or a Roland Cube or a Peavy Vypyr (all of them cost at about 100 euros - 90 something dollars?) you won't be disappointed.

All of these moddeling amps come with a bunch of presets, from low gain to high gain. I have the Roland Cube 20X and I can assure you it's more than enough to me for metal. Hell, I've recently dialed down the distortion!

All I'm saying is first obtain a nice all-around amp even if it costs double than the pedal, and then start thinking about pedals... Maybe some presets on these amps will fit you just fine...
How to Program a Metalhead ?
Quote by angel0fdeath666
i will think about getting a digitech metal thanks

the great thing about digitech is that you can go to they're website and they have sound demo for most of they're pedals .
just click here and find what your looking for http://www.digitech.com/pedals.php
Quote by Wise_One
May I also try to convince you not to buy a pedal? Here's the reason why.

The Digitech Death Metal costs at about 50 euros (40 something dollars?). If you manage to get some more money and go for a really honest amp like a Vox VT, or a Roland Cube or a Peavy Vypyr (all of them cost at about 100 euros - 90 something dollars?) you won't be disappointed.

All of these moddeling amps come with a bunch of presets, from low gain to high gain. I have the Roland Cube 20X and I can assure you it's more than enough to me for metal. Hell, I've recently dialed down the distortion!

All I'm saying is first obtain a nice all-around amp even if it costs double than the pedal, and then start thinking about pedals... Maybe some presets on these amps will fit you just fine...

1 euro = US $1.20
so 50 euros isnt 40 something dollars, its 60, 100 euros - 120 dollars.
Sorry my bad, I had altered the currency converter...

But still, it's better to pay some extra money to get a really worthy amp than get a pedal that might not do as well as it was supposed to.

Now if he can test the pedal to the actual frontman, it's all up to his ears...
How to Program a Metalhead ?