I have about $500 now, and I am ready to go get a cab.

What are some good cabs in that price range? I would prefer a 4x12.

I was thinking of a used 1960A, but I was wondering if there can be anything better.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Jesus at Custom AB Audio built me a very nice 2x12 recently and he builds each cab custom to order. You would just have to buy speakers and install them. Pics of mine are in my NGD thread here.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324946

The only thing I would say is that I don't believe Custom AB 4x12's come with castor wheels so if you want mobility that would be a question.
Quote by bj_squeelie
Jesus built me a very nice 2x12 recently and he builds each cab custom to order.

thanks for the sig foo'

i had to edit it a tiny bit but it didnt change what you were saying

EDIT: and yeah, avatar or harley benton depending on where you live. avatar is pretty damn hard to beat for competitive pricing on great cabs in the US
Last edited by josephde at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by bj_squeelie
Jesus at Custom AB Audio built me a very nice 2x12 recently and he builds each cab custom to order. You would just have to buy speakers and install them. Pics of mine are in my NGD thread here.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324946

The only thing I would say is that I don't believe Custom AB 4x12's come with castor wheels so if you want mobility that would be a question.

That cab is looking good, what is the URL of the website you ordered it from?
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by TMF128
That cab is looking good, what is the URL of the website you ordered it from?

http://www.abcustomaudio.net/

I can post more pics if anyone feels the need. The website really doesn't do the cab justice.

Quote by josephde
thanks for the sig foo'

i had to edit it a tiny bit but it didnt change what you were saying

I'm gonna start calling him Heyzues from now on hah.
Last edited by bj_squeelie at Jun 12, 2010,
ya avatar in the states or ask Jesus to build you one.
But honestly a used Mesa or Marshall is a great starting cab and they are plentiful. They retain their used value well. Round 400-450 today. Flip it for the same amount when you get bored with it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Where are you located? That will make a big difference in availability and price.

For a new cabinet, try Carvin along with the others already suggested. But you could probably score a fine used Marshall or Mesa cabinet for that price if you do some searching.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I will see if I can find a used Mesa cab. I am saving up for a 6505 head now, and I heard good things about 6505s and Mesa cabs.

DOUBLE-EDIT: The guy who was selling it for $400 says he removed the grill cloth. I would rather have one with a grill cloth...

I am going to see if I can convince another guy to lower his price from $600 o $550 (or maybe $500. Otherwise, I might just go with the used 1960A at Guitar Center.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Last edited by TMF128 at Jun 13, 2010,