Hi, I have a Crybaby 535q that isn't functioning properly. When I turn the wah on the sound is very faint, the battery is new and I made sure the cords were going to the right places. Is this a known problem? And, more importantly, is it fixable?

By the way I hope this is the right forum, it's my first time creating a thread.
Does it need a new pot? I know nothing about wahs btw
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
I'm thinking that the problem might be the piece that is pressed down on the toe of the wah, if I keep my foot down then I get the full-volume trebl-y suound until I rock it back. I have some, vague knowledge of what a pot is, but not enough to tell if it's the problem.
I've read about the pots being dodgy on the Crybabys and I used to own a Crybaby Classic. I then sold it because of the crappy pot - it always used to cut out when I was turning the pedal on/off.
How hard would it be to repair a broken pot? Is it something a guitar tech could handle, or is my wah dead?
When the wah is engaged it still makes "wah" sounds, just very faintly even when the amp is cranked. If I really stomp on the toe and hold it there then sometimes it'll work normally (I can rock it back and forth and it sounds normal) but then if I switch it off and on again it's back to being almost inaudible.
The wah is used, I've owned it for almost a year with no previous problems. The switch is certainly possible. Would that be a repair that the tech should do? I have no previous experience working w/electronics.