Here is one you don't see every day - a U.S.A.-made Fender Roscoe Beck IV bass. I've been lusting after one of these for a while and managed to pick this one up used. It looks brand new to me.

This bass plays like a dream. It balances very well when standing or sitting. It has an asymmetrical neck that is comfortable and fast. Access to the upper frets is very good. The bass has two Fender humbuckers that each have a three-position toggle switch that allows you to choose either coil or both. Combined with the three-position pickup selector and the push/pull master tone pot, that gives 54 different tonal schemes if my math is correct. The bridge is a modified Fender Vintage High Mass that allows for strings through the body. It comes with Hipshot tuners and a detuner on the E-string. I've only just started putting this bass through its paces, but it looks like it might become my favorite four-string.
Attachments:
Roscoe Beck IV Bass-Main View.jpg
Roscoe Beck IV Bass-Close Up View.jpg
Roscoe Beck IV Bass-Neck Plate View.jpg
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Nice man. How much did that set you back?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
Nice man. How much did that set you back?

x

Thanks. I paid $1,400.00 for it. Like I said, the thing looks brand new, so it was a hell of a deal.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Very, very nice.

Please to be posting soundclips?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Like Ben, I've always felt that the RB IV was one of the few Sigs I'd lay down cash for. Nice find and beautiful bass.
Such a nice bass, i havent played one but hear their heavy, very heavy for a fender.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
It's a lovely looking bass, with the dark-ish burst, and the Tele-esque plate. Looks quite vintage, in a way. Still, good buy, at the price, and I'd imagine the pup selections will keep you busy for a while.
+1 to the sound clips pls.