hey,
I'm going to buy an epiphone les paul but I'm not sure wich I should buy: the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony (329,- euro's) or the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Translucent Blue (449,- euro's). at first I tought the only difference was the colour and the wood or something.. anyways it was more expensive but only for the looks.. but later I found out that the blue one is a standard plus top.. but I really don't know what it means actually.. so want to ask you what is the difference?
Get an Agile AL3000.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I just want an answer I already made my choise for an epiphone les paul I already played it and I'm sure ill buy a epiphone but please tell me the differences
Quote by LeonKG
I just want an answer I already made my choise for an epiphone les paul I already played it and I'm sure ill buy a epiphone but please tell me the differences

The AL3000 is badass! All the cool kids are doing it!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
ebony = black

plus top = maple veneer with flame top figure, burst paint job.

no sonic difference between them, just looks.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
why would you pay 100 euro (even more than 100 dollars) more for only looks? :|
Quote by LeonKG
why would you pay 100 euro (even more than 100 dollars) more for only looks? :|

The wood is expensive, and its not only looks. The maple cap adds a twangier sound to the guitar. Not a huge difference. Takes a good ear to hear it.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by Burgery
The wood is expensive, and its not only looks. The maple cap adds a twangier sound to the guitar. Not a huge difference. Takes a good ear to hear it.

sorry to burst your bubble but the ebony guitar has the same maple top that the burst has. It is constructed of the exact same materials, side by side with the burst. there is no difference beyond physical appearance.

none.

The veneer top is so thin that it would make no difference in sound. literally construction paper thin.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by gregs1020
sorry to burst your bubble but the ebony guitar has the same maple top that the burst has. It is constructed of the exact same materials, side by side with the burst. there is no difference beyond physical appearance.

none.

The veneer top is so thin that it would make no difference in sound. literally construction paper thin.

I have been thoroughly misinformed .
Quote by korinaflyingv