I just dropped my guitar off at the shop to have a few things done and it won't be ready till next Friday or Saturday. Considering I just got off from school, I have a fair amount of time that I could be playing but don't have my guitar. What would you guys recommend I do to use this time wisely and possibly to prevent losing any technique from not playing for a while? Thanks in advance for the help.

By the way, I'm already using some of the time to get down to learning more theory, so that's one I've already thought of.
I find that time off like that, occasionally, helps me for my technique. I come back and make barely any mistakes while playing compared to before the short break, or will just plain do better at learning some technique I was having problems with. Like the above guy said I would just doing ear training, enjoying music, and then theory if you want to.
Quote by britishsligean
hand exercises so you don't loose the strength in your fretting hand

Like what?

Quote by kingjustinian25
I find that time off like that, occasionally, helps me for my technique. I come back and make barely any mistakes while playing compared to before the short break, or will just plain do better at learning some technique I was having problems with. Like the above guy said I would just doing ear training, enjoying music, and then theory if you want to.

Yeah I sometimes find that too, I was just worried that a week would be to long a period. You're probably right though and I'm just overthinking it.
Last edited by Tigerfang at Jun 12, 2010,
Learn how to fly a plane :P
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by rgrockr

/thread

What brand are those things? And how does one go about playing just a neck?
Presumably would just do exercises for just the left hand except without picking. Probably wouldn't even notice much of a difference if you were practicing legato (although those necks seem ridiculously short.)
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Tigerfang
What brand are those things? And how does one go about playing just a neck?

It's called Shredneck, it's basically a tool for warming up/exercising your fingers.
EDIT: I'm surprised you guys haven't heard of these, at my local Sam Ash they're advertised everywhere, it's hard not to see them!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 13, 2010,
Ear training and spend all the time you normally spend playing listening to music. It's amazing what an effect a good shot in the arm of inspiration can have...