Page 1 of 4
so.... curious and also trying to find a set of strings that i actually like... what kind of guitar strings does the pit use and why???
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Just any phospher bronze 12's

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
DR 11's
I tune down to D so they keep good enough tension, and DR's last forever and sound good for ever- theres no 2 week period in which they sound amazing, then dull by tuesday; DR sounds good for a long time and the transition to slightly not as good is gradual and unnoticable
Dunlop 10 - 46s. Either regular or Wylde.

Ernie Balls are complete and utter shit IMO. I hate them so much.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
D'Addario 10's on electrics.

Phosphor bronze light on acoustics.

<3
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Normally I use Ernie Ball 11s but right now I have GHS Boomers 11s on.

Try some Elixirs bro, real good quality. The only reason I don't use them is for some reason the guitar store in my town doesn't carry Elixir 11s or 10s for electric
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Normally I use Ernie Ball 11s but right now I have GHS Boomers 11s on.

Try some Elixirs bro, real good quality. The only reason I don't use them is for some reason the guitar store in my town doesn't carry Elixir 11s or 10s for electric

Not a fan of 'ol elixir.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by JayT44

Ernie Balls are awesome. Anyone that says otherwise clearly sucks.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 10s. I've used them as long as I've played, and I like em so I'm not gonna mess around with changing them. On my acoustic I use Martin phosphor bronze strings. They are lights, but I don't remember the exact size off the top of my head.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
d'addario 9-42 XL nickel

Martin phosphor bronze extra light
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
D'addario 10's on my electric, 12's on my acoustic.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
D'Addario, 0.9s
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Not a fan of 'ol elixir.

How could you not? With my experiences they lasted so much longer than Ernie Balls, GHS Boomers, D'Addarios and Dean Markleys. And they sound great, too.
I use Elixirs, because they last a LONG time! Most important (to me) is that the string don't start to FEEL old or rusty- I have a set on my starter guitar which I haven't changed for over a year and they still feel fantastic. Sure, the tone is long dead by now though xD

But yeah, Elixirs last a long time. I change strings once every 4-6 months, with Elixirs there's really no need to change more often unless you break a string..and that never seems to happen :
I don't like Ernie Ball's either, they don't seems to last long, and from my experience, the break easily.
I use Either D'Adrrio's (9's I think) or Gibson 10's.
I didn't use Gibsons until I bought my newest guitar and really liked the strings on them, went and found out what they were and... ' the hell?! Gibsons?! :O:O:O
Custom 09-68 set on my 8string, custom 10-65 on my 7, and Thomastik-Infeld Jazz flatwound 033 -136 on my bass.
Quote by JayT44

agreed, i just bought a set of them and absolutly despise them :/ six bucks of my life wasted on shitty strings :/ my guitar now sounds like im playing a tin can
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
How could you not? With my experiences they lasted so much longer than Ernie Balls, GHS Boomers, D'Addarios and Dean Markleys. And they sound great, too.

They last a little longer, i'll give you that. I swear they make my hands sweat, though.

EDIT: I change me string an awful lot, anyway. Like newer ones.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
They last a little longer, i'll give you that. I swear they make my hands sweat, though.

You have the right to your own opinion, I suppose
Ernie Ball 9's. 10's if I go half step down.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by sg255
Ernie Balls are awesome. Anyone that says otherwise clearly sucks.

I've tried them on 5 seperate occasions. Each time, one broke right out of the package or they corroded extremely quickly with a week or two. Both of which have never happened with Dunlops... come to think of it, I've never broken a Dunlop.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I've always used D'addario 10-46 but i bought some Super Slinkys yesterday, and i'm gonna be putting them on later. So yeah, i hope you're wrong about Ernie ball, cause if ur not then i wasted 6 bucks
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
D'Addario are the best strings out there.

Anyone who disagrees supports communism.
Quote by JayT44

I've tried them on 5 seperate occasions. Each time, one broke right out of the package or they corroded extremely quickly with a week or two. Both of which have never happened with Dunlops... come to think of it, I've never broken a Dunlop.

That's funny... Because I've never liked Dunlops very much

I always go Ernie Ball or GHS Boomers. Unless, of course, there are some Elixir 11s in stock.
Elixir 0.10-0.45
The rest just rusts away my fingers after 1 gig. I really have aggressive sweat.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Last edited by CheezMeUp at Jun 12, 2010,
I use ernie ball ones but I get a pack of strings every two weeks because new strings rule!
I let you get away so cleanly.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I always go Ernie Ball or GHS Boomers. Unless, of course, there are some Elixir 11s in stock.

Boomers are even worse than EBs.

I've never really ventured outside of Dunlops much because I don't wanna fix something that isn't broken... I was going to buy a pack of DRs last time though because I've heard they were really good. Decided against it.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Ernie Ball Power Slinkies. They're pretty damn awesome.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I got about five packs of Ernie Ball 10's for Christmas, so I've been using those on my strat. They're not bad, only problem is that I have to change strings about once a month because they wear out a wee bit fast. Also, I've generally used 11's.
Got an old set of Elixir 11's on my LP. So old it's become a bitch to tune. But I pretty much only play my strat or acoustic, either way, so I haven't bothered changing them.
On my acoustic.... Some light phosphor bronze strings. I really don't remember what brand or gauge.
On my classical guitar, I haven't got a clue. I changed strings some time around Christmas, I just picked the cheapest strings out of the shop. I rarely even touch it.

tl;dr, Ernie Ball 10's, Elixir 11's, some phosphor bronze light strings.

Edit: Anyone know if there's any acoustic strings that are good for Open D? Best tuning ever.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Jun 12, 2010,
Page 1 of 4