Page 1 of 2
Because it's pretty much what I can spend on an electric guitar.
Theres just a little problem...

I told my mom "Mom! I want an electric guitar! I'll pay it!"
And she looks like me like if I was an alien and says "Nuuh! You already have a normal one! Plus it costs way more than that... The amps costs a lot! Guitar too! Blah blah blah"

Who's right

Can I really get a guitar with $300 ? =/ And do amps really cost THAT much? Cant you just use a normal speaker for computer o.O

Thanks.
you can get cheap guitars of ebay if your really desperate, you could probably geta starter pack from a local guitarshop for a bit more than that as well but you should try to get a good amp because they make a BIG difference.
You can't use computer speakers.
You just can't :P

But you can definately get a guitar for 300 bucks
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121-Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Affinity-Special-Strat-and-Frontman-15G-Amp-Value-Pack?sku=513288
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-and-All-Access-Amp-Pack?sku=513154

those are three I recommend,
its very possible to get a guitar and amp for 300 bucks, just gotta know what to look for!
You can get some fantastic guitars for way less than that, it's just knowing WHICH ones. I'm assuming you're starting out on guitar..try this one

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/gsz120/index.html

Mine cost me under £90 (I'm guessing under $200 then) and I cannot recommend a better deal! This will last you well into the intermediate stages.

Practise amps can range from £50-100 (again I'm unsure of US currency, so double that number lol). From your budget, I'd say you can EASILY afford a great guitar and amp combo. Happy shopping!
Yes, you can get an electric guitar for $300, but it won't be amazing - it'll be a good workhorse starter. And yes, a good amp will cost you a good amount of money - amps = 80% of your overall tone. They're pretty important for getting what you want out of tone for an electric.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
If it's your first amp, it shouldn't cost THAT much, but I do advise saving until you have enough to buy a guitar/amp that aren't both utter crap. Look on the used market for guitars (or the Agile guitars at Rondomusic.com) and keep an eye out for sales on either Peavey Vypyr amps or Roland Cube amps.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
you absolutely can plug your guitar into your computer. with guitar rig it sounds decent.
make sure to use asio and you will need a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch cable
i know i already commented saying this but just make sure you do check ebay coz there are good guitars on there =).
Thanks a lot!

My mom doesnt want to buy stuff online cuz she thinks she will get scammed. >.>
I'm not old enough to have a credit card =S

Do you have any recommendations of what to buy ?
Do the amp, earphones, guitar and all that come together?
Is there something that is often in stores?
Do you often find starter packs?
Like any good brands. I don't think I will find the specific guitars you posted...
As you can see with those 5948594 questions, this is going to be my first electric guitar lol

If it changes something, I plan playing rock punkrock punkpop poprock poppunkroch (never understood the difference o_O)
Last edited by Tacos22 at Jun 12, 2010,
yeh youll find alot of starter packs at local guitar shops that come with small starter amps, a lot of starter packs will be epiphones but f you can find a cheap ibanez somewhere thats good. =)
For amps you could try a roland micro cube or vox DA5. For guitars look at some cheap squires, epiphones or yamahas.
Last edited by circlethesky at Jun 12, 2010,
Thanks
Is $300 pretty much the lowest I can pay for a pack?
Or is it better to buy all the things seperatly?

(Invalid img)
I want this
Quote by conroy91
You can't use computer speakers.
You just can't :P

But you can definately get a guitar for 300 bucks
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121-Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Affinity-Special-Strat-and-Frontman-15G-Amp-Value-Pack?sku=513288
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-and-All-Access-Amp-Pack?sku=513154

those are three I recommend,
its very possible to get a guitar and amp for 300 bucks, just gotta know what to look for!

The ibanez looks nice
Quote by Tacos22
is it better to buy all the things seperatly?

Usually yes. Packs tend to come with very poor amps.
Quote by SilverRock113
The ibanez looks nice

The Ibanez metal starter pack is CRAP. My half-brother got one for his first guitar, we took it out of the box and... What do you know.

Rusted frets, worn out screws, bridge is crap..

I've tried fixing a lot of it for him, but it really needs a fret job done. He's never really even been able to play it.

The amp, on the other hand, is quite good for a starter-pack amp.
i'd say you can get set up pretty well to begin for 600 new and 500 used. a grand will do you for a few years. 3 grand used gets u everything you need for a long while
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by guitarsftw
If it's your first amp, it shouldn't cost THAT much, but I do advise saving until you have enough to buy a guitar/amp that aren't both utter crap. Look on the used market for guitars (or the Agile guitars at Rondomusic.com) and keep an eye out for sales on either Peavey Vypyr amps or Roland Cube amps.

this post is full of win.

Agile AL2000= 200$

peavey vypyr= $100

would be an awesome setup for your budget.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Set $100 apart for a Peavey Vypyr 15, and then with the other $200, go shopping. Go to GC or Sam Ash, and go straight to their used stuff. If nothing there catches your eye, then browse around, try everything in your budget, make a note of what feels good to you.

You should shop around a bit and find something you really like in your price range, don't just rush to get the very first thing you see.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Being honest I'd stray away from the starter packs. Look at a 15 watt Peavey Vypyr or the Roland MC, I would try to stray away from the Line 6 Spiders. Either of these would be considerably better than any of the starter pack amps, and are readily available in most guitar stores. For the guitar I think it would be best for you to go try some out and see which you like the feel of.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by Offworld92
Set $100 apart for a Peavey Vypyr 15, and then with the other $200, go shopping. Go to GC or Sam Ash, and go straight to their used stuff. If nothing there catches your eye, then browse around, try everything in your budget, make a note of what feels good to you.

You should shop around a bit and find something you really like in your price range, don't just rush to get the very first thing you see.

yep, i found my Jackson DKMGT at Guitar center used, for $199. At the time, they retailed for $650.

Good deals can be had and guitar center. and remember, most of the stuff you can haggle down
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
this post is full of win.

Agile AL2000= 200$

peavey vypyr= $100

would be an awesome setup for your budget.

+1
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
i got my jackson js30ke kellyand a peavey vypyr 15 for 350 bucks
guitar was 250, amp was 100.
both are US dollars.

the guitar is great for metal, rock and the sort.
the amp is fantastic, with plenty of built in effects.

Quote by Alucard817
i got my jackson js30ke kellyand a peavey vypyr 15 for 350 bucks
guitar was 250, amp was 100.
both are US dollars.

the guitar is great for metal, rock and the sort.
the amp is fantastic, with plenty of built in effects.
http://www.gear4music.com/media/13969/600/preview.jpg

http://guitarshack.ca/zencart/images/43630182.JPG

2 posts full of win in this thread so far.

Also, I know rondo music is not a scam site, my sister just got her first guitar from there. It's actually a pretty decent cheap guitar.

http://www.rondomusic.com/index.html

I would recommend getting a peavey vyper or roland 15 or micro cube as the amp, they're nice modeling amps that can handle just about any genre. Try and stay away from Marshall MGs and line 6 spiders.
one more thing to add about the peavey vypyr amps.
they are friggin LOUD!!!!!!! i turn the volume to 3 and you can hear the amp outside with all my windows and doors shut. the vypyr can pull off any style of music i play metal for a while, push a preset button and im playing blues, or jazz, or surf guitar, or anything else i wanna play.

i would not suggest ordering a guitar online unless you know how to do a set up. if you dont know anything about truss rods or action get a guitar at a music shop and have them throw in the set up (most will for free) so you dont have to shell out more money for it.
Yup, starter packs. That's what I started with. I also noticed that starter packs come with amps that sound alright but are louder compared to higher priced amps of the same wattage. Mine was a Crate guitar. My girlfriend's guitar was a Ion. Sometimes starter pack guitars are decent. Kind of a hit and miss, hope for the best. My Crate was a piece of crap but plays rhythm well. My GF's Ion was amazing for soloing. Best of luck to you. Oh yeah, go for the Ibanez or BC Rich starter packs. Otherwise check out the Ibanez RG series guitar and save up for an amp later. There are alot of guitars out there for about $200. Check out Ibanez, Laguana, Dean, Bc Rich. Pretty much all guitar brands have one or more guitar models out for around $200. Just go get something! LOL
well you can get a used solid state amp for under 30 bucks cause after you growq out of em you have no use for em....so tehy re everywhere. a solid state that retails at 100-150 is literally worth nothing a few years used.

i have an old crate MX-10 solid state. probably about 10 years old, my first amp. pretty sure a guy paid about 80-100 for it. i literally cant give it away. i tried donating it to my school....they are not sure they can use it.

my school is not sure they can use a free amp. free. i would be thrilled with 10-20 bucks.
a pawn shop refused to take it because he says he has WAy too many like it. he says not only is the floor full of them, he has more in the back.

so...i recommend going into a guitar shop and looking at their cheap used solid state amps
I'll say it AGAIN.

AL-2000 from rondomusic

peavey vypyr.

I got my Agile interceptor from rondomusic and it FREAKIN ROCKS.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
I got a fender starcaster for 150 and my dad paid half. :p It has a grounding problem, and the amp is small, but it's good for the money. Right now i'm saving up for a new amp. You can definitely get a starter pack for <$300. Check costco, they have starcasters. Then you can use the other $150-$200 to get a small amp. Fender frontman 65r $199 at musician's friend.
Quote by ikey_
well you can get a used solid state amp for under 30 bucks cause after you growq out of em you have no use for em....so tehy re everywhere. a solid state that retails at 100-150 is literally worth nothing a few years used.

i have an old crate MX-10 solid state. probably about 10 years old, my first amp. pretty sure a guy paid about 80-100 for it. i literally cant give it away. i tried donating it to my school....they are not sure they can use it.

my school is not sure they can use a free amp. free. i would be thrilled with 10-20 bucks.
a pawn shop refused to take it because he says he has WAy too many like it. he says not only is the floor full of them, he has more in the back.

so...i recommend going into a guitar shop and looking at their cheap used solid state amps

This
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I'll say it AGAIN.

AL-2000 from rondomusic

peavey vypyr.

I got my Agile interceptor from rondomusic and it FREAKIN ROCKS.

+1
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Thanks guys.
I know it's been a while lol, but I kind of had other problems with my money lol and now I'm finally ready to buy it :P

I'll get the al-2000 and vypyr, they both look great.

Altough I would like to buy online, since it saves a lot of money. Is it really a bad idea? o_o
And do you just plug the guitar to the amp and then tadaa or is it a lot more complicated?
Yes I know, but bumping 7 month old threads is looked down upon. It's best just to create an entirely new thread.
This is what we call a "Necro-bump" because this thread has been dead for 7 months.
Yeah okay I'll make a new thread next one, but there' no reason why it's that bad to bump an old thread. It's exactly the same than making a new thread, looking down at that would be a tad stupid.
ok i would suggest that you look on craigslist. try not to get a super cheapo guitar, with $200 used you can get epiphone les paul studio, squier classic vibe series, epiphone G-400. and for $100 you can get a small used 5 watt tube amp like fender champ600 bugera V5 or vox ac4.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Buying from Rondo is a very good idea. If you have any problems with the guitar they will sort it out for you. Don't be afrade of them.
I know I made a recommendation a long time ago, but I have a new one, that is far superior to what I originally said.

Used Peavey Vypyr 30 - $150
Used Ibanez RG321 or RG2EX - $150

That is a far better combo than a new Agile and a new Vypyr 15.

There is a significant difference between the 15 and the 30. The 15 has only a small shred of the capability of the 30, and for only $50 more, it's just not worth it to get the 15. On top of that, the 30 will be loud enough for if you ever want to play with others.

Trust me. I used to own a 15, and I now own a 75.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Page 1 of 2