In the spirit of the World Cup (and because my new cleats are falling apart), I've decided to make a thread about soccer cleats. A year ago I fell in love with the Nike Legend II's, but now the studs are falling off. I've been thinking about some Predators, but they just aren't my style. I wore adipure's the year before, but those made me feet blister terribly.

What do my fellow UGer's wear on the field?
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Jun 12, 2010,
I don't play soccer that much (btw, prepare for the soccer/football debate) but we use soccer cleats for ultimate. I bought a pair of budget nike mercurials as a beat up pair this summer before I upgrade to a higher-quality pair, maybe mercurial vapors. I've been impressed with how the cheap cleats have been, so I'll probably stick the mercurial line and just get a higher-quality pair.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
What the hell is a cleat?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Soccer cleats? I don't know what separates them from other cleats, I mean, all women have them anyways.
Soccer, football, whatever you call it. I really don't care.

I'm not a big fan of synthetic cleats, I like leather cleats. I recently found f50's with leather, and I love them, except they are a tad expensive. I've been shopping around lately, as I have.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Jun 12, 2010,
inb4 angry brits.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
my dream cleats are made by nomis (i have air legends that i love though) and if you shop online you can probably find a pair by that brand. the only problem is that you probably can't try them on anywhere b/c they arent that popular except in australia or something

Diadora are the only shoes wide enough for my feet. And they have awesome curve control!
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
A... thread? For football cleats? wat?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by damian_91
inb4 angry brits.

a bit late

Quote by hunterm8
my dream cleats are made by nomis (i have air legends that i love though) and if you shop online you can probably find a pair by that brand. the only problem is that you probably can't try them on anywhere b/c they arent that popular except in australia or something

Wow, those look great. I want a pair :/
Get a Carvin. Do it.
I really didn't think alot of UGer's would play soccer, until I started hearing about the World Cup.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
I don't play football, but I only really like black boots and the last pair I had were a pair of white and black nike something or others. My brother gets the newest blindingly brightly coloured nike mercurial boots every so often, he's had the lime green, the dark green, bright yellow and black, now has the purple ones and countless others. If I were to play football I'd just get a pair of black predators or something, the colour doesn't bother me as much as it does to some

Edit: These would be perfect

Last edited by hobson111 at Jun 12, 2010,
' The **** are they called cleats?!
' The frickin' frickin' frickin frick!?
Bloody frickin' hell ...

BOOTS?! Surely?!

Confused

Edit: Ah, Google worked wonders... Sorry I can't be of any help
Last edited by whoomit at Jun 12, 2010,
What are cleats?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
What are cleats?

Really?
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by Kynyster_K
Really?

It's not too obvious to us 'simple' British folk I'm afriad...
We get slightly confused when people speak American English, as I'm sure you do when people speak... English English?
Quote by Jak Archer
What are cleats?

Quote by Kynyster_K
Really?

Quote by hobson111
*black boots*

I NEED THESE IN FIRM GROUND
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by Jak Archer
What are cleats?

Well, it's the magical button on a vagina, that makes the woman all happy inside. Push it when you're ready son, in a couple years for sure. Don't want to be harboring any illegal immigrants in her United States of Uterus yet, that's for sure. *Heartily chuckles*

Good boy, now run along and play with your friends before you innocence disappears further. *pats on head*

*puts pipe in mouth, opens newspaper and begins reading*
Stop confusing all the Britons.

Soccer cleats. Football boots...

Whatever, I don't care. I'm from NZ anyway.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
I just got some Nike Tiempos yesterday after my boots fell apart in a game. For the price, they're great boots.
Quote by severed-metal
Well, it's the magical button on a vagina, that makes the woman all happy inside. Push it when you're ready son, in a couple years for sure. Don't want to be harboring any illegal immigrants in her United States of Uterus yet, that's for sure. *Heartily chuckles*

Good boy, now run along and play with your friends before you innocence disappears further. *pats on head*

*puts pipe in mouth, opens newspaper and begins reading*

Anyone, I played my best season with these boots (but in red and white)

Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by chaoticfables
I just got some Nike Tiempos yesterday after my boots fell apart in a game. For the price, they're great boots.

Until they fall apart on you.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by Mad-Season

Whatever, I don't care. I'm from NZ anyway.

How are the hobbits getting on?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Cleats = boots for those that are genuinely confused.
The pair of shoes most commonly used in soccer/football matches.

Anywho, I've worn the Adidas Copa Mundial for the longest time. They're a great boot. Very Comfortable, very easily broken in, and all around just fantastic. I've been looking to buy a pair of Nike Legend's because apparently they're the Nike version of the shoe and it's never bad to try something new. Plus they look pretty tight.

Likewise, I have a pair of mercurial vapor iv's and they are absolute SHIT. They give me horrible blisters (still, after owning them over a year), are not in the least bit comfy, and are an utter pain to get on and off with those damn lace covers. I cut off the lace covers a few weeks ago and that makes them a bit more bearable, but I completely regret the $120 entirely WASTED on them (luckily, they were on sale). I've had them for over a year and can't bring myself to actually wear them to a game. I wore them in practice for a solid month to see if it was actually possible to break in that god awful teijn synthetic leather and basically it isn't.

Maybe I'm just used to playing in kangaroo leather but the vapor ivs are absolutely ****ing awful. Never going to buy them again ever, or any vapor shoe. The only thing that even remotely redeems them is how light they are. That's it. Nothing else. Complete waste of money and I've never regret a purchase (on anything) more. Seriously, I know this sounds a bit dramatic but they are a terrible cleat and I genuinely do not understand how anyone can stand wearing them, especially someone who's owned a quality k-leather boot before.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Quote by Ringtone
*I HATE MERCURIALS*

K leather all they way. As I said earlier I hate synthetics. I've never tried the Copa's. I can say that the tiempos are great cleats, and I do recommend them.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Legend III's
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by ferretface
K leather all they way. As I said earlier I hate synthetics. I've never tried the Copa's. I can say that the tiempos are great cleats, and I do recommend them.

Ha sorry, got a bit ranty there didn't I?

They're a great cleat. The only problem I've had with them is after awhile the upper starts to separate away from the bottom maybe a 1/4 inch right at the toe part of the shoe after awhile. Nice touch though and super comfy. Think I'll try the tiempos next time around to try em out
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Nike T90 Laser IV

They're in an awesome electric green.

Edit: Like this, but different bottoms.

Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Last edited by RipeFlesh at Jun 12, 2010,