Hi, i have a Peavy Valveking 112 with 6L6GC power amp tubes , and they are dying on me , after listening to some tube tone , at the tone king, i was woundering if its possible to put el34 tube in my peavy valveking 112 (prefer that kind of sound)replacing the 6l6GC in it
I don't know if the VK is rated to handle EL34s. Is there a switch on the amp anywhere to let you change between 6L6s and EL34s? If not then you'd have to mod your amp to take a different type of tube because they run at different plate voltages.