Hello, I have 4 other guitars, but none with any kind of tremolo. I made some money, and I'm looking to buy a new guitar with some sort of tremolo. It needs to be very cheap ( $200-$300 ). I would prefer a locking tremolo, just because those seem more reliable for lots for dive bombs and such. I'm thinking a low end Jackson or Ibanez would be fine. please post a link if u have a suggestion.

Thanks.
oo i don't think you'll find a locking tremolo guitar in that price range that will stay in tune well..
instead of buying more and more low end guitars, save up for a high end locking tremolo guitar
I'd suggest saving up a bit more and getting a mid-range Ibanez in the $500-700 range. Pretty good quality for the price and quite reliable.
check out ebay for an older kramer. they sometimes sell for that low and often have wither OFR or pretty good LFR's
i have an ibanez rg270 that i snagged from a local pawn shop for $180. i see them on the net all the time for cheap. it has an HSH set up and a licensed floyd. its a pretty good deal for the price
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270
Squire Stagemaster 7string

Amps
Randall Titan head
Randall XL cab with celestions

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
and as far as jacksons go, the low end models with floyds on them suck. i had a DKMG and it was horrible. it couldnt divebomb for crap
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
I have a Jackson DX10D I bought used with an LFR for $200. so what if it doesn't have an OFR? I think the LFR will last me years. haven't had any problems yet. anything will last a long time if you know how to treat it right.

Oh and none of the sub $300 Jacksons have locking trems
If you're going for a cheaper guitar with a locking system, stick to Jackson, ESP (LTD for your price range) or Epiphone. Possibly Kramer too. Their bridge systems are all good enough - they'll last a while and at least stay in-tune, even if they don't necessarily have the best sustain and tone around. Many licensed Floyd systems are junk, as are the Ibanez Edge III bridges. Stick to those few brands above and you can't go too wrong though, their bridges at the least won't wear out as quickly as other licensed Floyds and Edge IIIs do.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Thanks for all your responses, i will check out each of them, but i defiantly am staying in this price range. I just wanna play with the tremolo, i dont want to commit to another expensive guitar. So far i like the Idanez stuff.
Let's be honest~ Any experience with a tremolo on a low-end guitar isn't going to be that fun.
I own a DX10D and yes the tremolo is fine if you take care of it. I modified mine with a wood block so I could only bend down..it stays in tune more often and it's easier to maintain the guitar.
That being said if you save up the money it's always better to get a higher end guitar. I know what you mean about not committing but why not? If you find it's not for you then you can sell it for a better re-sale price rather than to have a cheap guitar lying around that no one wants to buy.

Just my 10 cents.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG420EG-Electric-Guitar?sku=515773

that seems like it'd be perfect for you. and its actually a mid range guitar thats on sale. a win win for you
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
I'd go for ebay. I would say rondo but I don't think you'd get anything better than the low end name brands.

Eh. Maybe http://www.rondomusic.com/hawkerfloydte.html

EDIT: This would be an easy one. http://cgi.ebay.com/UG-UNFINISHED-GUITAR-EVH-KRAMER-STYLE-BANANA-HEADSTOCK-/140415869410?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item20b17021e2
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 13, 2010,
you could also try daddys.com
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270

Amps
Randall Titan head

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Focus 6000 [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-Kramer-Focus-3000-Guitar-3-Pickups-MIJ-Floyd-Rose-/180518213613?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2a07b957ed[/url"]]Focus 3000

Kramer 220

A little out of your price range, but you should keep an eye on similar models on ebay. You might be able to find a mid 90's jackson professional in your price range, too.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600