http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-H-1001QM-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar-584485-i1503612.gc

Since there aren't any reviews i want to know more about this guitar since i might buy it soon

-Is it worth the $799?
-How well does the Floyd stay in tune in abusive trem use?
-How is the neck joint?
-How does it sound?
-Is it heavy at all?

I play usually metal. I play Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath, Dio, and Children of Bodom. I'm in the process of choosing a second guitar because my birthday is coming up. Note: If there are any other guitar suggestions, it has to have a floyd rose.
-Yes
-Pretty well
-Seems to be good
-Heavy, thick (my guess from use with similar guitars)
-Heavy sounding, yes
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
A Schecter Hellraiser FR would almost be better, it costs $900.

Its basically the same guitar, but I believe it has an OFR and is just a better value because it has less abalone and it has coil-tap.

Either guitar will be fit for metal. Both trems will hold up fine with abuse, but don't expect to stay in tune after divebombing and pulling up on it for awhile. The Schecter would be heavier than the LTD because the Schecter has a mahogany neck instead of maple. Neck joint is basically the same.
Dude don't get a floyd rose unless you whammy the sh*t out of every song, its the worst bridge for Drop tuning and restringing, and a lot of the bands you mentioned use drop tuning. I play similar music to you, actually almost identical and my birthday is coming up soon aswell and Im going for a schecter hellraiser.
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Quote by scrubzyful
Dude don't get a floyd rose unless you whammy the sh*t out of every song, its the worst bridge for Drop tuning and restringing, and a lot of the bands you mentioned use drop tuning. I play similar music to you, actually almost identical and my birthday is coming up soon aswell and Im going for a schecter hellraiser.

I don't think Metallica does drop tuning except Garage Inc, St. Anger and load and reload. i play mostly 80s metallica which is standard E. I know for sure ozzy's songs are dropped. Dio (R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio) on the other hand not really
Children of Bodom is mostly Drop C or D standard. You're gonna have a lot of bridge resetting to do if your switching from E standard to Drop C and D standard all the time
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Last edited by scrubzyful at Jun 12, 2010,
im with some other people... ditch the floyd rose unless you need it. if you don't you could get the ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001QM (without the FR) perhaps?

i like your choice in guitars by the way :-) ... my fave guitar player actually uses one in his guitar arsenal, without the FR that is (Ben Moody of We Are The Fallen-- Formerly Evanescence).
Quote by AkiraSpectrum

i like your choice in guitars by the way :-) ... my fave guitar player actually uses one in his guitar arsenal, without the FR that is (Ben Moody of We Are The Fallen-- Formerly Evanescence).
Dude, snap. I bought my H-1001 (non-Floyd) pretty much because I've heard Ben rocking them so well over the years (and well, because I have connections with a certain related ESP-sponsered player and got it dirt cheap ). I'm going to sell my Peavey head soon and get a Line 6 HD147 instead, the amp he used to record Fallen, tour with Ev and most of his post-Ev work up until WATF. If it wasn't for him I'd have never started giving the slightest shit about guitar so I might as well get his gear.

Ahem. Anyway, life story aside.

I've tried all the LTD 1000/1001 H and MH models and I agree with the others, unless the vibrato is really vital to your playing then I would stick to the hardtail version. Not that the Floyd on these guitars is bad - it certainly seemed good when I tried them and the Floyd on my LTD SA-2 has held up great for quite a while now - but the ones I tried did seem a bit too soft on the vibrato action, even just adding a little manual vibrato to a note would make the other strings go wildly out of tune. You can certainly forget any double stop technique. They all returned to tune perfectly after diving and whatever, but any manual vibrato, any manual bend and the other five strings would fly out of tune even more than they do with an OFR.

Anyhoo:
  • Yes.
  • Stays in tune perfectly when you use the bridge itself, goes wildly out of tune during any manual techniques, more than any other Floyd I've used.
  • You will not be able to tell a difference between this set neck and a neck-through joint, in terms of feel. Obviously since it is a set neck it means the body wood (mahogany) dominates the tone more than the neck wood (maple), unlike a neck-through where the neck wood dominates, but that's really down to personal preference and in terms of feel there is no difference.
  • It sounds like every other decent quality mahogany guitar with active pickups. The Floyd versions obviously have a slightly brighter tone with more pronounced note separation and a little less sustain, like any guitar with a Floyd will.
  • Depends, each guitar varies. I actually found the Floyd versions that I tried to be generally heavier than the fixed bridge versions, though that said the one I eventually bought was even heavier still and that's a fixed bridge model. Basically, there's no way to really tell what weight the guitar will be until you pick it up and try it for yourself (which really is the answer to all your questions anyway). As a general ballpark, I would put the weight down as being around the same as the average ash-bodied Telecaster.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Dude, snap. I bought my H-1001 (non-Floyd) pretty much because I've heard Ben rocking them so well over the years (and well, because I have connections with a certain related ESP-sponsered player and got it dirt cheap ). I'm going to sell my Peavey head soon and get a Line 6 HD147 instead, the amp he used to record Fallen, tour with Ev and most of his post-Ev work up until WATF. If it wasn't for him I'd have never started giving the slightest shit about guitar so I might as well get his gear.

That's awesome, im pretty much obsessed with Ev and WATF.
Ben was using Mesa heads at the start of the WATF tour with HIM for a number of concerts but then switched back to the HD147. (curious to know why he switched back... maybe just easier to deal with the onboard effects of the hd147 rather than all the extra pedals with the Mesa, although he does use some external effects with his HD147).

(don't wait too long because the HD147 is discontinued now so you'll have to go used or see if you can find a store that has one in stock).

Currently Ben is using an H-1001 in Drop B (which he uses on two songs). Other than that H series he uses 4 different Eclipse guitars, a few of which are ESP Eclipses and a few of which are LTD EC-1000's (two have sweet custom body work from mcswain guitars). He has recently started using an LTD PD-1 as well. Oh and he uses an LTD Viper Baritone too. ^_^

Sorry for going off-topic everyone
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
A Schecter Hellraiser FR would almost be better, it costs $900.

Its basically the same guitar, but I believe it has an OFR and is just a better value because it has less abalone and it has coil-tap..

schecters have the same Fr1000 bridge,not the schaller OFR...they sometimes use it on the loomis model..thats what a schecter rep told me..
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
curious to know why he switched back...
It's the noise when you're idle. With a valve head you'll always have at least some slight static, even if you use a killswitch and whatever. With a solid state amp that problem is significantly reduced. Plus it has the bonus of being able to run direct into almost anything. I've A/B'd the HD147's Mesa model against an actual Mesa dual rectifier through the same cab and in the middle of a quiet store and right next to the amp you can tell a slight difference, but it's not much of a difference and I'm sure live they sound equal. Plus it's easier to ship a solid state amp around, they can take a little more of a beating. So same tone, less noise and tougher are three pretty good reasons to switch back.

(don't wait too long because the HD147 is discontinued now so you'll have to go used or see if you can find a store that has one in stock).
I know, this really pissed me off. Stores here started listing it as discontinued at the end of last year though American stores still listed it as available. I contacted Line 6 and after a very long wait they said they weren't stopping production, they didn't know why any shops would say it was being discontinued and that I should still be able to get any store to order one in. Then less than a month later they change the Line 6 site to say it's discontinued.
I know one place that still has one in stock, but I just this last weekend bought a new guitar - if I had found the amp first I would have bought that, as it is my bank account's empty. Fingers crossed I can get enough money together before it sells. Though if it does, I might get the Spider Valve instead anyway, they're practically the same in terms of tone, just missing a ocuple of the handy direct-outs and whatever. Lacuna Coil were using HD147s then switched to Spider Valves, so I guess they hold up okay. Still, hopefully I can name the last HD147 before some other bugger does.

Derails are fun.

But I do think it is worth pointing out, to anyone wondering about the quality of LTD-1000/1001s, that there are professional players like this recording albums and touring with these guitars. So you don't have to worry about the quality, they do hold up well.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jun 13, 2010,
Ok to start with I got a MH-1000 FR it is basically same guitar but with a different headstock. I hate 3+3 headstocks so I got this one. Check it out

1) It is definitely worth it.
2) I have Regular slinky on it 10-46 and it stays in tune for a week (counting that I play 2 hour a day)
3) Neck joint is great probably full body.
4) For sound listen write MH-1000 to youtube and there is a guy who play All that remains - Empty Inside (he has a great sound example and he is awesome! ) The masked guy (p.s.: As I said they have the same sound)
5) It is brutal!

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm