Page 1 of 3
I personally use Dunlop Tortex Jazz picks. They are the same size and virtually the same thickness as Jazz III picks, but they don't slide out of my hand easily. They get close to the strings and just make technical stuff easy to do.

I sometimes switch those out for these big Stubbys. They are bigger in size and easier to play standing up with.

Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
i use the normal jazz III's but i think i might check out the tortex ones. i have sweaty hands, so a pick that doesn't slip out easily is great.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Last edited by Fadetoblack5:03 at Jun 12, 2010,
Jim Dunlop nylon standard 60mm

use em cos i like the thickness and the feel... I have used these for ages and cant play without em

I'm strictly on Duncan Tortex 1.14 because I like the feel. The medium picks... I'm not sure but I recently picked up these and love to play with them. I feel like I'm in control of each and every string and I did not feel like that with the mediums. 2 months of 1.14 and the 2 years with medium is dead to me haha
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
Quote by supersac
i carve my own picks out of bone like a real poor person

lol how do u make a pic out of bone?
the black 1.38 Jazz III's, same reason as you, TS.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Dunlop Tortex .50

I really like the sound it leaves when I strum on my acoustic and it's really easy to hold. Glides across the strings really nicely
Quote by antonvrg
lol how do u make a pic out of bone?

well since asking my local butcher for their thickest bones for nut making
i now have alot of bones for such thing so i make everything from them
also what more bad ass that playing with a bone pick you carves your self(im sure theres many things that are more bad ass than that)
they get the job done
Quote by supersac
well since asking my local butcher for their thickest bones for nut making
i now have alot of bones for such thing so i make everything from them
also what more bad ass that playing with a bone pick you carves your self(im sure theres many things that are more bad ass than that)
they get the job done

what do you use to cut them? also whats the tone like?
I use dunlop jazz III's, I can't use a normal sized pick anymore, too much real estate there.
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Dunlop Ultex Jazz III. a bit wider than the original jazzy's and sticks better with sweat, and the material gives me the tone i like...its my dream pick...till i find another

Thick but not too thick, has grippies on it and a round placement on the thumbside that fits my finger perfest. Line of grippies on the underside so it doesn't slip on my finger.
Quote by antonvrg
what do you use to cut them? also whats the tone like?

i used a dremel and sandpaper to shape them
and they real bright on account of them being real hard
I use milk carton caps...

...or Jim Dunlop Jazz IIIs
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
Currently using Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm, but occasionally I switch to Dunlop Gator Grip .71mm or .96mm. I find I do drop the Tortex picks occasionally while I never drop the Gator Grips, but the size and shape of the Tortex is the best I've ever found. I really wish they would make a .96mm Gator Grip pick that was the exact same shape as the bigger Tortex picks.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
dunlop nylon 60 mm
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
Quote by supersac
i used a dremel and sandpaper to shape them
and they real bright on account of them being real hard

awesome...
Black Jazz III's. I hate it how it wears down fairly quickly :/ Might try out those other Jazz III"s!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Last edited by Quaned at Jun 13, 2010,
Mainly Dunlop Jazz III's (red) but i'm gonna try those Dunlop Tortex Jazz.
Hola.
Okay, so I guess I'm different. Least from everyone else in here. I use a 2.6 mm jazz pick made out of bloodstone. No, I'm not kidding. Has a wonderful tone and can even pull off cleans that destroy some of the other .60s I used to use. They're about $9 per pick but they're worth it.

Gives me nice grip for chuga chuga And I use a lot of shoulder picking in punk-rock band,perfect.
I use three different picks.

1.Dunlop Jazz III (black) For the technical neo-classical and power metal stuff

2.Dunlop Stubbies 2.0mm for my heavy rhythm playing.

3.Custom made Ivory Picks 4.56mm for bass. They ain't cheap at 30 USD for 2.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by Quaned
Black Jazz III's. I hate it how it wears down fairly quickly :/ Might try out those other Jazz III"s!

Tell me about it... I have .11 strings and it gets worn pretty quickly. But these are great for heavy downpicking stuff. Lots of "chugga"...

I use the purple Dunlop Big Stubby 2.0mm and 3.0mm for tremolo picking... Round edges so it goes easily for ever on the strings...

@dark Mass: Really the Big Stubby for heavy riffing? Since I got them, I couldn't help but use them on tremolo picking only...
How to Program a Metalhead ?
dunlop 500's (pink) 1.14 i bought bulk and tortex .79 (yellow) i only have 1 that i think i lost, but it twas a good pick

i cant stand playing without picks nowadays, which pisses me off wenever im playing at school -.-
Quote by Infiniti
Okay, so I guess I'm different. Least from everyone else in here. I use a 2.6 mm jazz pick made out of bloodstone. No, I'm not kidding. Has a wonderful tone and can even pull off cleans that destroy some of the other .60s I used to use. They're about $9 per pick but they're worth it.

linky to your picks?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
dunlop nylon .83's. Im prone to dropping picks, so the grip on these is great. The thickness and tip of the pick are bother perfectly balanced so i can tremelo pick/gallop pick, clean strum, anything. I just love the allround feel of them, makes me feel in control of the guitar more when i have a good pick.
Jazz III's most of the time, but generally I use them only for playing lead or technical stuff. I use 1mm blue tortex triangles for most rhythm, and a 1.14mm purple tortex triangle for bass.

Except just recently the 1.14's are starting to feel a little too soft for some reason, so I'm looking into other sizes and materials. I wanna get Ultex Jazz Picks, because I go through Black Jazz III's in about a week.
Some dunlop ones, not sure of the model but I like that they have the grippy bits on them for when I get a bit sweaty.
i use

Venom Super Heavies
Timber Tones Wooden Picks (theyre amazing :P)
and Dunlop 3mm ones

but i also use other ones, i dont have much preference
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Dunlop Nylon .60mm
And
Sharkfin white ones I dunno what thickness they are
And
Dunlop Jazz III

My main picks I use, but I also have a few more types, like tortex 1mm, Big Stubby, S&B 1.2mm, and ones I made from old CD's.
I can use any type of pick, but the first three listed I use most.
Jim Dunlop USA NYLON .73MM:

For me, they have the perfect ratio between hard and flexible.

But i'm really interested in trying some of these:

Haven't been able to find them anywhere, though.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Dunlop Gel H's
my go to pick for everything
the red one's
i just love the shape and thickness its not too hard to slow down my alternative pick and not to soft to sound weak and flabby
Last edited by metalheadblues at Jun 13, 2010,
I use Dunlop Jazz 3 Stiffis, and Dunlop Tortex .88's. I use the Jazz 3's a lot more though, since you can just wail away, and the pick doesn't flop around
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I use Brain 0.88s with the cat-tongue grip thingie. I'm not sure why but I find they give me a more punchy tone than Dunlops of the same thickness. o_o
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.

AND

Prefer the bottom plec, but the top one is good as it's lightweight and gets good attack on the strings
Page 1 of 3