i think its worth it to do it yourself if your patient and know what your doing
or you could maybe take it to a car shop or something
A lot of good guitar repair shops do refinishing. Call them up and ask. If they don't do it; they probably know someone in your area who does.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
A guitar that valuable, I wouldn't advise you try to refinish yourself. Take it to a professional. It'll cost you at least a few hundred (much more if you wanted any kind of really obscure customc olour or artwork added) but it'll be worth it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You should probably just sell it and buy the color you want.

It will ruin the value of the guitar if you repaint it and in most cases the paint job just wont be that good and will start flaking off. But if you must, take it to a professional guitar luthier. It will cost you 200 to 300 dollars but its worth it.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

definitely have a professional do that. this isn't a guitar you want to spray paint.

but first, i think you should try a black pickguard, black knobs, and black pickup covers. seriously, it'll make a HUGE difference. nothing cooler than black on sunburst
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Thank you guys, very interesting answers, I'm looking into getting it professionally done. Also, could you repaint the neck? Because I think that color neck doesnt really go with many colors.
i think you might be better off getting a whole new neck. it's possible to sand down and refinish the neck, but that vintage tint dye might be difficult to get out. i think once you're past the cost for sanding down and refinishing you're probably close to the cost of a whole custom neck.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
Is there anything that you do like about the guitar? I just can't imagine paying that much for an EJ Sig strat and basically changing everything about it. What was the draw? I think if you make any changes it's going to change the tone of the guitar, yes paint can do that, same with neck changes. With all the specifics that EJ put into that guitar, why didn't you just get a standard strat and change that one. Seems a shame to ruin a great guitar like that.
yeah in all honesty you could sell that strat and have a custom built for you that would be exactly what you want. and still probably have money left over. obviously if you're really attached to that guitar it can be done, but the neck will be a big problem. the dye is deep into the neck, and even if it can be sanded out it'll need to be de-fretted and the logo and anything else on the headstock will have to be removed.

PLEASE DONT try to re paint it,it will destroy the value of your guitar...if you dont like it,sell it off on ebay and buy a new one...please dont repaint
Quote by grim1
Is there anything that you do like about the guitar? I just can't imagine paying that much for an EJ Sig strat and basically changing everything about it. What was the draw? I think if you make any changes it's going to change the tone of the guitar, yes paint can do that, same with neck changes. With all the specifics that EJ put into that guitar, why didn't you just get a standard strat and change that one. Seems a shame to ruin a great guitar like that.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this guitar. I love how it feels, how far apart the strings are, and I love the great cleans you can get out of it. It's amazing, I just got it when I was quite a bit younger and I don't like the color, trust if I didn't love the way this guitar feels and sounds I would be trying to repaint it rather than buying a new one.
Quote by archenemyfan
PLEASE DONT try to re paint it,it will destroy the value of your guitar...if you dont like it,sell it off on ebay and buy a new one...please dont repaint

+1

Get something comparable in quality for the price of the EJ, in the color you want.