This is quite effing annoying!! If I bent them at all or play fast they'll slip off the fretboard due to being close to the edge.. does anyone know what is causing this?
Gear:

Jay Turser 300
Marshall MG15FX

Future Gear:

Ibanez ART320
well you could maybe get a new nut made to fix the problem unless its the saddle
or maybe you could just get used to the narrow neck
bend them the other direction
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
I think It might be the saddles.. should I lower or raise the strings?
Gear:

Jay Turser 300
Marshall MG15FX

Future Gear:

Ibanez ART320
Quote by bmxsulli

listen to that.

i dont think any mass produced guitar has space for the bends you are trying to do.

bend other direction(away from edge)

if you raise the saddles, you are only lifting the stings vertically. if you are falling off the edge of the fretboard, you need to move the string inward horizontally. only way to do that is to have a different size nut and/or bridge i guess...but everything is already pretty standard in size so good luck.
Quote by bmxsulli

You mind me asking a general "stupid" bending question?

There's no difference in bending up or down right? I mean, the string will bend the same if you go upwards or downwards, so it will match the higher note regardless the direction.
How to Program a Metalhead ?
Quote by Wise_One
You mind me asking a general "stupid" bending question?

There's no difference in bending up or down right? I mean, the string will bend the same if you go upwards or downwards, so it will match the higher note regardless the direction.

Exactly. Only your technique will be different, cause you'll be either pushing the string up or pulling it down with your fingers, depending on the direction.
Quote by Greke
This is quite effing annoying!! If I bent them at all or play fast they'll slip off the fretboard due to being close to the edge.. does anyone know what is causing this?

You not being very good at the guitar is what's causing it.

Be patient and stop trying to play faster than you're able to. Also like everyone else has said, bend the other way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You need to work on your technique. Maybe take a lesson or two or get a friend who knows how to play (any style) give you a few pointers. I'm not trying to be insulting. Your questions suggest you need some start up tips.