Thinking about getting one, are they worth the money?
2004 PRS Santana SE w/Duncan JB(b)/Jazz(n)
(cable)
Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive Mk. II
(cable)
Dunlop KH-95 Kirk Hammett Crybaby
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
If you can afford them then why not?
There are plenty of amps out there though. Best bet would be to go out and to try as many as possible.
What style of music do you mostly play? By the looks of it I'd guess that you're a metalhead :P
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Assuming you play metal, yes.

However, if you also play clean at all, you'll be running into problems. If that's the case, I'd go with a Bugera 6262 (6505 clone but with better cleans).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Yeah i play 95% metal, especially thrash (mostly 'tallica and Megadeth) and metalcore (early Trivium). Those are probably my three most played bands with a decent amount of Slayer, Machine Head, Lamb of God, and Pantera thrown in.
(cable)
(cable)
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
The only real way to find out if this amp is for you is to go out and demo it if you can.
I really enjoy the amp for it's distortion...I'm sure you'll find it to be amazing as well.
6505 should nail those bands no problem, but Metallica also plays clean in a lot of their songs and that's where it would struggle.

That being said, try going for a 6262 (if you can find one) or another good high gain amp that also possesses good cleans as well.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by racerXazn
The only real way to find out if this amp is for you is to go out and demo it if you can.
I really enjoy the amp for it's distortion...I'm sure you'll find it to be amazing as well.
Yeah, I've played the half-stack version extensively I was just wondering if the 112 combo lived up to it's big brother.

Quote by rocknrolldude43
6505 should nail those bands no problem, but Metallica also plays clean in a lot of their songs and that's where it would struggle.

That being said, try going for a 6262 (if you can find one) or another good high gain amp that also possesses good cleans as well.
Thanks, I've looked at the Bugera 6262 before I've just never played one.
(cable)
(cable)
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Last edited by GreenburgGibson at Jun 13, 2010,
I'm sure the combo will do fine. If you're playing in a stadium then perhaps a halfstack would suit you better..but the 112 combo is more than enough for large gigs and bedroom playing.
personally, i would go with a 6505 (i feel stupid for not saying this in my earlier post). i've gigged with the 5150, 6505, and 6262 too many times to count, and i've always liked the 6262 better than either of the others. cleans were so much better that its pretty much night and day between the amps, and it cant really be compared. i also liked the distortion sounds better. i found it sounded fuller, more "there", and just overall better to my ears. also, a lot more usable gain. and i say usable in that when you start turning it up higher, it does more than add noise like the 6505/5150 tend to.
Quote by rocknrolldude43
Assuming you play metal, yes.

However, if you also play clean at all, you'll be running into problems. If that's the case, I'd go with a Bugera 6262 (6505 clone but with better cleans).

Not quite. The 6262 has better cleans than the 6505, not the 6505+ (which is what it's actually based off of, the 6260 is the 6505 clone). The combo is the plus version, which has an extra preamp tube and a separate EQ for the clean channel, making it actually very tweakable.
Quote by Ignite
Not quite. The 6262 has better cleans than the 6505, not the 6505+ (which is what it's actually based off of, the 6260 is the 6505 clone). The combo is the plus version, which has an extra preamp tube and a separate EQ for the clean channel, making it actually very tweakable.

Thanks for telling me, I should've researched that more.
Quote by Kikuta

Quote by Ignite
Not quite. The 6262 has better cleans than the 6505, not the 6505+

Most prefer the 6262 cleans over either of the Peaveys. Of course, "better" is very subjective in tone country, but the people hath spoken!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Ignite
Its actually kind of a weird hybrid of the 6505 and the 6505+ even though they call it a 6505+. It has the two channels like the 6505+ has but it has only 5 preamp tubes like a 6505.
(cable)
(cable)
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo