Any recommendations for me? I play mostly metal. I'm an intermediate player, and I just bought a BC Rich ASM Pro, and need a tuner. I play drop D a lot. I know virtually nothing about tuners so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Boss TU-3 chromatic pedal tuner OR planet waves PW-CT-04 chromatic pedal tuner

If it is only to use at home though, I agree with DontPushMongo: use your ears. Its not worth spending the money unless you really need a tuner
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Your name.. Picture.. Location..

DIABEETUS.

Gah i can't take you seriously.

That's fine. Just make sure you take diabeetus seriously. Call Liberty. They can help you live a better life. Eat your oatmeal.
My Boss TU-2 has served me well over the years. If I didn't have it, I would look at a Turbo Tuner.
Boss TU-3, Planet Waves PW-CT-04, and the DigiTech Hardwire HT-2 are all fine on-stage tuners. If you absolutely have to have pitch so perfect that only dogs can hear it, get the Peterson Strobe Center 5000. It's a bit pricey, though ($3,500.00).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Korg full rack ftw
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Most tuners are fine, those Peterson strobe tuners are pretty amazing however and I find it easier to tune with a strobe than a chromatic.....
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I would go for the TC Electronic PolyTune.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Wilford Brimley
That's fine. Just make sure you take diabeetus seriously. Call Liberty. They can help you live a better life. Eat your oatmeal.

Also, my friend uses something similar to this, and it seems to work well. I just use the tuner built into my multi-fx.
Pedal tuners are good if you're playing live, if not I'd say just get a cheap as sh1t korg tuner like in the post above. You can get them for next to nothing, if they break, meh.

You only really need a good tuner if you're gigging. At home you can tune by ear and have the patience for the needle on the junk tuner to respond etc which you can't do on stage.
quality $70 pedal tuner: Korg PitchBlack

$20 tuner: korg Ca-30
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The "BEST" tuner is different for different people.

Some want a tuner that's accurate to better than .001cent
Some want one you can drop a bomb on
Some like strobes
Some like chromatic

For me, the "BEST" tuner is the TC Polytune
Tune ALL of your strings at once. for your drop d, it will switch to a "normal" chromatic tuner when you play one string at a time. And it's more accurate than your guitar. Very good price as well (under $150)

Not sure what other tuners have, but with my minimalist rig (gate, tuner, amp) the Korg Pitchblack has a nice 9vDC out feature. I cord goes into the tuner, one goes out to my gate. Sweet.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune