After a series of trade, i finally ended with the guitar of my dream.

Take a guess?

ESP SV-II standard in black and gold.

18volt with original floyd rose.

My favorite feature: unpainted neck

Now time for the review:

Feature: It's not packed with features and knobs. I like the simple one volume, three way switch control. Takes a lot off my mind for not worrying about extra knobs and controls, great for the brootal. Downside is, a lot less tonal options than my previous esp horizon. EMGs even with 18 can volt sound quite sterile in clean, but turning the volume down will keep the clarity manageable.

Sound: Played through a mark iii, the sv is the very essence of 80's thrash metal. Roaring distortion with sustains for days. With mids conservatively scooped, i can easily get the "chugga chugga" sound. The lead tone after boosting it with od is unbelievable, insanely rich with harmonics, and suprisingly organic, credit to the 18 volt. It'll easily cut through the mix in any type of situation. Clean is ok, not great as expected with emg, so i'll just have to tweak the controls on the amp to balance it out.

Action and finish: After setting it up, the action is dead low without any ringing. Excellent esp craftsmanship as expected, the binding is perfect, the neck feels ultra fast. Floyd rose can be a pain, but once properly set up stays in tune perfectly.

great guitar, i give my applause to the guys at esp.

Family shot;

Last edited by sirlaser at Jun 13, 2010,
Nice guitar
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Alexi Lahio has one nice signature ESP i believe that is the "blacky"? or is it the "Scythe"
Quote by sirlaser
I would if i had the money : (

you can take out the emgs hey are practically zero used u can toss them on ebay and get better pickups
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by antonvrg
Alexi Lahio has one nice signature ESP i believe that is the "blacky"? or is it the "Scythe"

THat actually isn't a laiho signature. It's the SV series. The don't sell that here in the states
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
That's one sexy guitar. Congratulations!
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
That's great man, good for you! How are you finding control over the upper frets?

Oh, and what's with this...
Great guitar, toast to the guys at esp for building suck a wonderful guitar. Great guitar, toast to the guys at esp for building suck a wonderful guitar.

Quote by Y00p
That's great man, good for you! How are you finding control over the upper frets?

Oh, and what's with this...

Ummm i got too excited? lol

the access to upper fret is there, but still not as accessible as the double cutways on horizon or m series
Hi i need help.

In a week i am gonna buy a new guitar and i am thinking about the sv.
i play mostly metal, thrash metal, heavy metal and i love that old school metal.
And does it have a good neck. Please someone who have played this guitar tell me beacause i'm only 15 and this guitar cost is a shit load of money. Or should i get something else?
HNGD!! Be careful you do not poke an eye out with that pointy thing!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
You won't be disappointed with the neck, it's unpainted so it enables smoother movement up and down the neck. I've had other esp with painted neck, and i have to say it slowed me down quite a bit. The esp is perfect for the types of genres you play.
I'm not usually much of an explorer fan but that looks undeniably good with the gold hardware. HNGD
Quote by handbanana
I'm not usually much of an explorer fan but that looks undeniably good with the gold hardware. HNGD

this is flying v shaped not explorer shaped
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
For versatility I got a Music Man Steve Morse - 11 distinct sounds and does great on country all the way up to metal. 2 humbuckers and 2 single coils and Getting my F-IV was really a special experience. Having waited on the order for months, checking the forum daily for any news, now finally seeing the big cardboard box in my living room was pretty neat. Don't think I actually played it for 10 minutes as I was taking pics for the forum, looking the guitar over, checking every square inch.
Quote by sirlaser
You won't be disappointed with the neck, it's unpainted so it enables smoother movement up and down the neck. I've had other esp with painted neck, and i have to say it slowed me down quite a bit. The esp is perfect for the types of genres you play.

I think i know what u mean c'ause i have a bolt on ibanez (unpainted) and a set neck epiphone (painted)

and i move alot better aorund the ibanez than the epiphone daisy