the other day i had tried a used YM sig guitar(the old version with smaller headstock) and it was the first time i played a scalloped fretboard. althought many people say it feels different and you need to get used to it, to me i wasnt really different maybe because i didnt press the fret too hard to make the note go out of tune. Anyways, i am puzzled as to why the guitar dimarzio single pup did not produce significant hum lol. What is special about that pickup? and it has a better tone for rock than those standard fender with single coil at bridge
I now have a signature
Its a noiseless pickup designed for no noise/hum. However its pretty low output and lacks the single coil twang so to me the YJM's seem like a super low power humbucker
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
the pups on it are hum canceling and are a higher output.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
the pups on it are hum canceling and are a higher output.

No it actually has extremely low output.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

The DiMarzio YJM Strat pickups are hum-canceling single-coil pickups, which is why they don't make as much noise as a standard single-coil pickup. I am not sure how they do it, but a number of manufacturers make such pickups (i.e., Fender's Noiseless single-coils). It was made to Yingwe's specifications, so it was wound for better rock tones than a typical Strat pickup.

Yingwe has now moved to Seymour Duncan, and they offer YJM pickup. Whether that will make its way into his signature Strat remains to be seen.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Not sure why people are calling it a low output pickup? Go on DiMarzio's site, they still make YJM's old pickup its just under a different name now. Its called the HS-4 and is rated at 23.5K with a A5 magnet. Not sure what pickups you guys are used to playing but thats nowhere near low ouput.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Resistance =/= output
Its got 93mV output, which is very low. The Dimarzio PAF is considered a low output humbucker, its rated at 8.6k but its got 280mV output.
EDIT: Also, have a look at the Dimarzio Steve Morse pickup, its only 9.94k resistance, but its got 450mV output. less than half the resistance, but nearly 5x the output.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 13, 2010,