Hi! I'm a student home from college for the summer in Los Angeles, and I was just wondering: does anyone have any experience busking, especially in LA? Do you know if you need a permit to do so? Share your own stories, please! Any experience you had is something I can learn from somehow.
Gear:
Jasmine ES33C
Hamer Sunburst Archtop Flametop
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Fender Frontman 25R
i don't think permits are needed but don't quote me on that. it wouldn't really make sense because it's not like a stand or anything...
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
i don't think permits are needed but don't quote me on that. it wouldn't really make sense because it's not like a stand or anything...

Idk about where you are, but in Seattle I'm pretty sure you need permits most of the time, so I'd look into it
Best guide on writing power metal lyrics
Quote by ReaperWaits
keep it fast, keep it epic, and for god sake mention dragons.
There's been a thread on this everyday since Friday. Surely someone should make a "Only Busking Thread"?
If the police pull you up on not having a permit, i weep for the world. It would be incredibly saddening to have a shitstorm of attrocities going on in the worl and the people getting ****ed are those on the street playing music.
Busking requires a permit. They aren't expensive, and they are easy to obtain. If you are busking and a police officer were to stop you, and you don't have a permit to show, they can not only ticket you, but take all the money you've earned. True fact, happened to me when I was sixteen.

Edit:
Quote by leg end
There's been a thread on this everyday since Friday. Surely someone should make a "Only Busking Thread"?

I actually made an Only Busking Thread a while back. Didn't survive, but I didn't keep up on it.
Last edited by Daffodil Lament at Jun 13, 2010,
i d like to busk but its kind of hard moving a drum kit around.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007